Shiny Broken Pieces.

CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS shiny broken pieces

❝Sometimes you want something so badly you're willing to do whatever it takes to get it

❝Sometimes you want something so badly you're willing to do whatever it takes to get it.❞

BY DHONIELLE CLAYTON AND SONA CHARAIPOTRA. SEQUEL TO TINY PRETTY THINGS

               After two months, this book finally decided to grace us with their presence. While, it only took me a week to finish, lmao. It is easily better than the first one. In my opinion, the first one had a lot of plot holes and mysteries that kept my brain asking who did this?

               Shiny Broken Pieces answers these questions, in the most expected and unexpected way. It also follows these dancers' struggles and how they heal from them. Post to going through something rather traumatic can change you either for the better or for worse.

               I thought that aspect is a really nice detail to look at. I don't agree with the things Bette did, but I somehow managed to feel bad for her. She's pressured to withstand the Abney name with everyone going against her.

               What she did to Gigi is nowhere near right, but I sort of understand why she simply did it. She has always been top, as well as her sister, Adele. And for someone to just come in and take that away, might have been difficult for her.

               Not to mention, her fucked up family. June's ED gets worse, however, it is mentioned she's getting better over the summer break. But almost immediately worsen, when she got back to ballet.

               Supporting the idea of ballet although being a beautiful and elegant sport, is also very harmful.

               Following her knowledge of who her real dad is, June's mother seems to pay more attention to her daughter and is heartwarming to read chapters, explaining their growing relationship.

               In retrospect, I have come to realize I never seem to like the main characters. Gigi's actions in the first book always trigger me. Although I never went through what she did so I shouldn't be saying anything. But whatever she did in the sequel, is just pure stupidity.

               I know she's influenced by Cassie ( who is such a bitch, by the way ), still, her actions pissed me to no end.

               I also wanted to mention how this book interprets revenge. Cassie was wrong but in this book, she decides to get her revenge. Vengeance. Dragging Gigi with her. Ends in her receiving the consequences. Which seems unfair, but in another case made sense.

               Even after finishing this book (and rereading the last chapter over and over again) I couldn't help but feel dissatisfied by the ending. It seems too rushed, I was hoping they would've shown more of June's choice in her path and her relationship with Jayhe.

               As well as, Bette's and Gigi's friendship as in the last chapter, the two's interaction seems to be the beginning of a friendship.

               How about a 9.5/10 as my rating.

30

30.09.21