Ruin and Rising.

CHAMPAGNE PROBLEMS ruin and rising

❝He watches her the way Harshaw watches fire

❝He watches her the way Harshaw watches fire. Like he'll never have enough of her. Like he's trying to capture what he can before she's gone.❞

BY LEIGH BARDUGO. BOOK THREE OF THE SHADOW AND BONE TRILOGY

               My best friend, ships Alina with the Darkling and I don't know how to get on with life (@Jewwely_01, I'm looking at you). All jokes aside I really don't put into mind whoever people ship in storybooks. I mean, people have their own opinions, right?

               But like, come on, why Alina and the Darkling when there's Alina and Mal?

               Here we are, the third installment of the Shadow and Bone trilogy. This book has to be my favorite out of the three (Mostly because we get to see more of Genya and David, and Harshaw and Oncat).

               Also, can we talk about the epilogue? That is just so sweet, chocolate would get run over. When Zoya gave Alina a blue Kefta, I almost cried "You'll always be one of us." Fuck my life, that was so sweet. And to think they've hated each other is just *a chef's kiss*.

               One thing is, I don't think I ever thought I would like the losing their powers trope, but for some reason, I actually liked it in Ruin and Rising. Also, coming to remember that Alina never wanted it in the first place, giving her peace after everything she had endured is satisfactory.

               Mal and Alina are my parents, them to Misha? My favorite thing ever. All of their moments and quotes in this book are everything and mean everything to me. I was so glad when they got married (minus the exchanging vows with false names, that kinda threw me off).

               There were so many heartbreaking scenes I don't know where to start. Baghra. Oh Baghra, no one deserves you. Honestly finding out she's Morozova's eldest daughter was a great surprise. I was not expecting it at all. While Baghra is Morozova's eldest daughter, that makes the Darkling hold Morozova's bloodline. I honestly shouldn't even be surprised.

               Baghra deserves the world, and I stand by that. Her helper Misha, Leigh Bardugo, why do your characters always have to suffer? Misha was only a little boy, imagine the guilt he held when he let go of Baghra.

               Harshaw and Oncat though, he's so effortlessly funny, I wished he had survived the final battle. I wanted to see more of him. One book is not enough!

               How they announced his death is also rather annoying. He died and they acted like they don't care when he has been with them along the journey. They were so casual about it, like a usual conversation of what to have for breakfast.

               And Oncat didn't get to spend the rest of his life with him. I'm gonna go cry.

               Genya and David. No other words, just Genya Safin and David Kostyk.

               That scene when Alina came looking for David and found him in bed with Genya telling him to get dressed will forever be funny to me.

               David's speech to her has my heart, melting.

               When Sergei let slip Genya's name, I have mixed feelings about him. He betrayed the Darkling in Siege and Storm, and now betraying Alina for the Darkling!? Why? But I also so somewhat understand. The need to survive, not caring who gets hurt in the process, as long as you survive. We also can't forget that he lost the person he loved and cared for, Marie.

              Still, even after all of that, What the Darkling did to him was so....I don't know, sad? Unnecessary?

               Genya is a badass for poisoning the king. He is vile. I mean....poisoning him while also proving a point is a smart move and I would have never thought of that.

              Of course, we could never forget Zoya. Zoya still the Zoya we all know and love.

               15/10 for Ruin and Rising. I can't wait to get into reading the Six of Crows duology.

23

23.04.22