Discovery

Well, that was a bummer. I never thought I would have to go to school until mom and dad mentioned it in a sudden argument. My siblings and I watched as my mom and dad argued; I think it was something about me, Jarone, and Jalissa going to a school, but they just could not agree on which one we go to. Anyways, my name is Jeremiah and I live with two other siblings and my parents, Jarone and Alissa. I know, weird that my name happens to be the one to stand out. My brother and sister took on the rhyming name of my parents while I just got a letter "J" in my name like the others. Well, let's just get straight to the point. Mom and dad were arguing and it was not the first and it will definitely not be the last but, it was the first to affect my life.

"Why would you want them to go to a school they know not a single bit about?!" questions the father who had recently came from work. He was wearing a black and white suit with a brown case in his hand.

"Well, I want them to find out that they are SSs without me telling them!" she said in a calming but loud tone. She had to watch the kids so, she had no job. But, she was wearing a green, blue, and yellow polka-dotted apron with a mitten on her hand. She was going to get the muffins out of the oven until she was distracted by the argument.

"Why don't you just want to tell them now? Junior [the oldest brother nickname from the parents] is going to turn 16. The average age to tell a child a secret is 16."

"I prefer them learning it!" she yells as if she was getting stressed.

"And what if they are not a SS?" the father questions while putting his case down and untying his tie. "You know my blood runs strong."

"Well, it is worth a try. Transformation School teaches all the necessary basics."

"And why would they need to learn how to transform when they live in the normal world? Shouldn't they go to normal school?"

"He has a point" Jarone states as he gets up to walk towards his arguing parents. He was wearing a blue and white thick jacket, black pants, white shoes, and white finger-cut gloves. Jarone did not clearly know what they were talking about so, he just acted as if he knew. "Come on, guys. Let's come to an agreement like civilized adults" Jarone says wrapping an arm around both parents.

"Junior, you're not an adult" both parents proclaim at the same time.

"Well, do you want my advice or not?" Jarone says with a smile.

"Not really" the mother states as she rolls her eyes.

"No," says his dad.

"It doesn't matter. I am going to help you guys out anyways.... So, this is what I am thinking. Jalissa, Jer-Jer, and I go to both schools."

"How is that possible when there's a point of time when all schools are in session?" the father asks as he opens his case to check some papers. "That means you can't be at both at the same time."

"Well, Transformation School is different from regular school. You can determine how long your child goes to the school and whether they sleep there or not" the mother states as she catches a burning smell to her nose. "I smell something burning."

"Mom, it's nothing," says Jarone. "Anyways, we can be in regular school first, and then we go to 'transformation school' an hour after we get out of regular school. Now that the problem is solved, we need to all shake hands and tell each other what SSs and Transformation School is."

Both parents shook hands playfully as they had compromised the school situation and the other two kids began to stop watching and went to their rooms. They only had two things to do, read or write, but out of the three siblings, Jalissa was the only one who knew how to read.

"Well, Transformation School is a special school for SSs. You will learn what a SS is in your second school." The father explained. "By the way, if you want a hint. Your mother is a SS."

"Oh, I got it. A Sad Song."

"Really? A sad song was your guess?" the mother asks playfully angry.

"A Saggy Something?"

"Yeah, just go tell your brother and sister to come here," the mother says while pointing to the stairs.

"Jalissa, Jer-Jer, mom wants you to come here!" Jarone shouts towards the staircase.

"Okay, I could have done that."

Jarone heads upstairs to tell both of his siblings.

"To be honest, we should have been chosen to send them to both schools" the father claims as he heads towards his bedroom door.

"I know right" the mother states before letting out a breath softly. "Too bad our own son had to come up with the idea before we did."

"Yep!"

"There it is. There goes that smell again. This time the smell is stronger. It smells as if something is-" the mother comes to an immediate stop after realizing that something was burning... the muffins!

"Yeah, I smell it too!" the father claims. Both ran into the kitchen to only find a growing fire. It reached all the way from the oven to near the kitchen entrance.

"Aaah!" the mother screamed.

"I'll put this out. I just need to reach the sink" the father claims bravely.

"Forget that, I got this!" Alissa states so confidently. She threw the mitten off, put one of her palms out, and put the other hand on her hip. Suddenly, her palm began to glow bright green. The sink cut on and the water falling from the sprout was magically being moved into mid-air. More water kept falling onto the fire causing it to weaken.

Eventually, the fire disappeared. The mother cut the water off and the father wiped off the ashes on the floor. But, there in the kitchen doorway were all three kids standing with their mouths wide open.

"What did," says Jarone.

"You just," Jalissa says helping out in the sentence.

"Do?" Jeremiah says completing the sentence.

"Oh, umm...I did magic." the mother says as she stopped wiping the counters. "Ta-da!"