Chapter 5

Tamaki furrowed his eyebrows. Clearly something else was on his mind instead of homework. His thoughts were rushing in, leaving no space to properly think. He kept bouncing his leg up and down, doodling on a small blank space.

He really didn't want to do homework right now. After a long and tiring school day, they expect you to have the energy to do homework. Nobody has the energy to do that.

Tamaki groaned, flipping to the last page. He was lucky, this week they shortened the homework to see if students did better. Almost everybody was failing school except for Tamaki and a few others.

As the time passed by, Tamaki gradually got his homework done. It took a lot longer than expected though.

Tamaki was drained, and all he wanted to do was sleep. That wouldn't be happening anytime soon though. Mirio is expected to come over to play Mario Kart with him. Maybe the video game will free his mind a bit.

Resting his chin upon his hand, Tamaki huffed. His cheeks slowly burned a light crimson due to the heat in the house. He was freezing last night, so he turned up the thermostat.

Sweat was rolling off his cheeks and onto his desk, forming a small puddle. He really didn't want to get up now, but for his own sake, he had to. So with that, he did. Very lazily though..

As soon as Tamaki turned down the thermostat, he heard a faint knock. Wow, perfect timing, Tamaki thought.

As he walked up to the door and opened it, Mirios blue eyes instantly locked on his. He gave a slight glare to which Tamaki flinched to.

"C-come in.."

Tamaki walked to the side to let Mirio in. After slipping his shoes off, he stretched. Tamaki assumed that he slept in class that day since he had heavy eye bags. Can't judge him though, Tamaki had eye bags too.

"Well, you better be prepared to loose! I will definitely beat you this time."

Mirio beamed, flashing Tamaki a toothy grin. In response, Tamaki rolled his eyes and decided to step out of his comfort zone.

"Yeah, like you'd beat me. I am a pro after all."

Mirios grin faded, but soon he wrapped Tamaki up in a hug. While squeezing Tamaki tightly he whisper yelled, "You're improving! That's awesome!!" Tamaki glanced at the floor before hugging Mirio back, feeling a bit of relief.

As Mirio pulled away, he marched into Tamaki's living room and plopped himself down on the couch. Tamaki chuckled at his cheerful behavior, earning a smile and thumbs up from Mirio himself.

-

As the day went on, Tamaki began to grow less nervous and shy around Mirio. They both noticed but neither said a thing. It would just waste the little time they had for the day. Mirio cant always come over and play Mario Kart, y'know.

-

Mirio shut the front door, leaving Tamaki alone. He felt proud of himself, not just for beating Mirio everytime, but stepping out of his comfort zone. It made him feel somewhat powerful.

The sky grew dark and before Tamaki knew it, he was in bed lying motionless. He was on his side, staring out the window. All of his stuffed animals got shoved under his bed since Mirio did a cannonball. Tamaki was basically bawling for him to atleast move his precious friends out of the way before anything bad happened.

A small but noticeable shooting star was now in Tamaki's view. Oh, how he had always wanted to see one as kid but never got the chance to. Now was his lucky chance to mentally take a picture, and store it in his brain forever.

Tamaki sighed, watching the shooting star slowly fade into the nights sky. Not even minutes later, Tamaki was already fast asleep.

-