Chapter 11 Ava

As I was walking up my driveway I waved goodbye to Mia and hurried up the steps when I seen their car go down the street.

"Ava, how'd it go?" My foster mom asked curiously looking up from her book she was reading at the kitchen table.

"Good, they said whenever I wanted to go after my birthday I could move in with them." I said smiling.

"That's wonderful, I'm sure we'll miss you dearly. I'm glad to have some time before you leave, and I hope you like it were you will be going."

"Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be having plenty of fun." She looked up from the book slyly and smiled then shook her head and continued reading. As I walked up the steps I noticed that my step sisters light was off which was strange since she's usually up until at least 2am. But I didn't think much of it and went into my room, closing and locking the door behind me.

I put on a cello sonata and went into the bathroom to take a shower. As I stepped into the hot water I felt my body melt with calamity. I've been feeling off today, ever since after the courthouse. I just feel groggy and stiff and i feel a sharp pain like I have a knife in my back. I scratch my back and feel a soft object with a hard sharp point..kind of like a feather. What is going on??
I felt strange and light headed. I tried to keep myself up as I held on to the railing inside the shower. I slowly opened the shower door and attempted to step out as I felt my chest tighten and my legs buckle, making me fall to the floor.

I groggily lifted my head and immediately put my hands on my back to feel what had felt like a feather. This time when I felt my back the soft feel with a sharp point was long and reached from my middle back to above my head almost like...wings.. This can't be happening, I must be dreaming I thought to myself as I hurriedly got up and looked into the mirror. Blood rushed to my head making my mind spin and feeling faint I grabbed onto the sink. My eyes grew wide with what I saw before me. There were wings coming out of my back. Fucking wings. They were light green with light blue veins spreading through. It was actually quite mesmerizing. Oh, fuck. What was I gonna do?! I have wings! That's not even possible. I paced back and forth chanting to myself "this isn't real" "this isn't real" "this isn't real". But it was and I didn't know how to get past that.