Chapter Nine Ava

A/n: two chapters for Ava b/c the last one was so short..

-------------------------------------

"Ava! Ava!" I heard my foster mom's yelling voice calling for me from downstairs, which brought me out of my sleepy state. I slowly got out of bed and stretched. I marched downstairs unwillingly, and to my surprise my ex boyfriend was standing at the doorway by my mother.
"Cabel? What in the hell are you doing here?" I felt as if I was about to pass out.

"I just wanted to see your beautiful face one more time before I left."

"You see it everyday at school."

"Yeah, but you never get close enough for me to speak to you." I could feel sadness radiating off him.

"Ava, I'm going to do a couple errands and leave you here to speak with him. When I come back we have to go."

"Yes m'am" I said to her as she went out the door.

"C'mon, we'll have a talk." Cabel just smiled and followed. When we reached the top of the steps and opened my bed room door Mia was sitting on my bed. What more can happen?

"Ava! Sorry if it's freaky that I snuck in your room, but I just had to see you." I looked at her with shock then Cabel peeked his head around the corner of the door behind me.

"Oh, sorry.. I didn't know you had company.. I-I'll just go.." Mia started to get up, but I walked over to her and sat on the bed.

"No Mia, I didn't even want him here. Please stay." I pulled her waist onto my lap and tilted her chin down so that she was facing me. Then she smiled that sweet smile I had been longing for.

"Are you two dating or something?" I heard Cabel ask with a confused sound in his voice.

I looked at Mia, "What are we?".

"Whatever you want us to be, I'm yours as long as you'll have me." My heart fluttered and fell to my stomach. I'm moving family's. We can't be anything. This is a disaster. I guess Mia could see the distress I was having and she took my face in her hands.

"What's wrong?" Her angelic voice asked.

"I'm moving family's. See, this is my foster family, and after a year of being with one you have to change. I have to go to the court house today to pick a family out of two." Mia's happy, joyful look disappeared into a dreadful sadness.

"Will you still see me?"

"I don't know.."

"What if my mom adopted you!? What if you came and lived with us!?" I heard her excitement growing.

"That would be amazing. I mean I don't know Mia, would your mom be up for it? I feel like I'm intruding."

"No, no.. I think she'd do it! That would make me the most happy person in the whole galaxy. Oh my God." Her already huge smile got even wider making me giggle at her giddiness.

"I'll see you around Ava.." His voice trailed out as he walked down the hallway then i heard my front door slam shut with anger.

"How do you know him?" Mia's face was confused and sad.

"He's my ex boyfriend from a while back, he was my cover up, he's nothing to me Mia." Mia smiled and hugged me like she'd never see me again.

Her face suddenly changed into a deathly serious look "Ava, if I ask and my mom says yes, will you?"

"Why wouldn't I? As long as I'm welcome I'd be more happier than I've ever been." I then heard my front door open. "Mia, I'll be right back, stay here." I smiled to her then quickly ran downstairs.

"Mom..?"
"Yes, sweetie?"

"I don't want to move family's."

"Aw, I know baby, I've grown to love you this past year. But it's government rules, and the terms to our contract."

"If someone came with me to the court house and talked to my case worker about adopting me, would I stay here until I was completely adopted?"

"Um, yes I do believe so. Why? Who has talked about adopting you?"

"No one." I smiled and ran upstairs to tell Mia.

-------------------------------------------
A/N: please comment, give me feedback, something. it'd help give me confidence to continue the story. I'd appreciate it, thanks :)