beers and weirssssss

"We're definitely having a sleepover this weekend! Your cousin Ricky was super funny last time i saw him" millie smiled super wide, "Last time you saw him my parents were still happily married Millie, im pretty sure he's changed since then." i chuckle keeping my eyes on the road.

"still! it'll be awesome!! we can stay up all night and watch movies and ju-" "Millie i don't really think he'd wanna do all that? my dad is making him come check on me because he's gonna be gone longer then usual this time." i sighed pulling onto our street. The last picture i saw of him he was 12 and had braces and a bad hair cut. the last time i saw him he almost killed his cat. he's 20 now and who knows what he's like or looks like.

Millie walked down two houses to her house and waved to me before walking in. i lock my car and noticed the lights on in my house? i walk up to my door, it was unlocked which made me uneasy. the tv was on, all the lights, and randomly the blender was on with what looked like an iced margarita spinning at the mini bar my dad had in the den. i sit my bag down and slip off my shoes before walking on the green and orange shag carpet. my dad never thought about redecorating after the 60s/early 70s outrages color schemes for houses declined. "hello?" no one answered me, i walk down the hall from the kitchen into my room and all my stuff was out?! photo albums, vinyls, stuffed animals ripped off my bed and scattered, my books mostly open, a sigh of relief washed over me when i see my bible at the top of my book shelf was untouched. when i started smoking i carved out the inside of an old bible to keep my stash in. i found it ironic. i feel a body slam into my back and makes me yelp and fall onto my bed, the person started grappling with me like it was freshman year wrestling. "tap out TAP OUT Y/N!" i started laughing when i hear Ricky's thick voice laugh evilly.

i start hitting my hand on my bed to tap out and Ricky picks me up slightly and slams me down on the bed. "WINNER!" he laughs with his arms raised about his head as if to be holding up a championship belt. i fumbled my way to stand up and hug him tightly, ricky was always like the older brother i never had, after the divorce being an only child completely lost it's appeal. "how are youuuuu?" he sat up on my bed and pulled a stuffed animal shark from under his butt and sat it on my bed. i smile as i take on what was now my cousin ricky. long curly hair in two braids kinda like native americans do with evil eye beads throughout the two braids, a tie dye shirt and baggy jeans he looked like a mix between a surfer and Bob Marley?

"uhhh i don't know? school, millie being crazy, work, being alone at home and napping?" i chuckle grabbing my plushie shark. "what? no parties! no guy hopping?! no heavy drug addiction! no teen pregnancy? wow y/n i'm ashamed!" he smiled wide as i laughed my way threw his list of approved high school past times.

i left millie a voicemail on her machine that ricky was here. it was a friday night which normally meant Millie, Lindsey, and i would do our homework, spend the night at my empty house watching horror movies i forced them to watch and me playing country songs on my guitar for millie which made me violently ill. (no offense to country music lovers it's not my jam tho) and of course me going for a "walk" before getting too stoned to walk home and order us pizza or make us whatever was frozen in my freezer my dad would buy in bulk before leaving again for weeks at a time.

i sat on my living room floor looking at VHS tapes for the best horror movie to creep out Ricky. "mmm what do you think of 'House of the living dead'?" i slightly yell to him as he searched my fridge "i think we need to go get some better snacks? all you have here is coffee and frozen veggie dinners?" he sighed, "ohh yeah... my dad kinda just buys the cheapest frozen dinners and coffee to make sure i'm still alive when he gets back. we can stop by the corner store and go to the grocery store later tomorrow?" i smile as he ran to my car the second i finish talking. i slip my shoes on and head to my car.

i park in front of the corner store and see sam and his friends in the store looking nervous. me and ricky walk in and he runs to the chips. i walk over behind sam and his friends as i hear them ask the cashier for a keg of beer and then correct themselves meaning a non alcoholic keg? the cashier laughs and i sigh sitting some cash on the counter. they turn around quick and sam smiles slightly, "i- well-? this is purely for research purposes" the shorter dark haired guy smiles big, "huh? y'all want a ride back home?" i shrugged, it seemed like i was driving around sam more then Lindsey. "yes please!" the tall skinny one blurted out as sam and the shorter one gave each other a look as if to say i'll say yes if you do. i don't blame sam for feeling maybe a lil weird getting rides from me he was Lindsey's younger brother plus his shorter friend liked her a lot. not like their was a reason to pick sides i guess?

ricky pays for a ton of junk food and drinks and a few cases of beer and some vodka which tells me he planned on staying at my house for awhile. i pay for sams non alcoholic keg and we drag the keg to my back seat. "are y'all having a party too?" the taller guy said as ricky handed them bags of his beer. "huh? nah i just needed some refreshments." ricky laughed, "wait yeah why did you need non alcoholic beer?" i look at sam and he clenched up. he tells me about lindsey having a party and how he didn't want her getting hurt because of the assembly today. i nodded my head okay to him and turn my radio up a bit. "are you two dating?" the curly heard boy said, "ewwwww dude this is my cousin?" ricky made a face and sam and his other friend laugh. i drop them off and the slowly drag the keg into sams house.

- a few hours later-
me and ricky are watching the movie when i hear banging on my door i open it to see cars across the street at Lin's house and mille looks at me worried. "y/n do you see this! lins is having a party and i bet their drinking!" i laugh noticing she doesn't know it's a non alcoholic party. "mil she's fine what's wrong with her having some people over." i lean on my doorframe and she huffs "i'm going over their and you should come with me." i frown and tell her that ricky was here and i didn't really plan on going out i invited her to come spend the night and she said she'd stop by after.

i walk back into my living room and ricky is now pretending like he wasn't just listening to me and millie. "why don't you go?" he said eating popcorn. "i told you she doesn't wanna be friends with me. it doesn't even matter ima go change into pjs." i sigh getting up.

in my room i change into some black shorts and a Kiss crop top that if i lifted my arms up you'd see my boobs but i figured i'd just be waiting for millie to come back. i load a bowl and sit on my couch that had a windowsill after a few hits ricky opens my door and says "do you know why i came in here?" his smile widening, "you could smell it?" i laugh (ima beaner if you could understand that fluffy joke we married now) he sits next to me and i hand him my bong. we go back and fourth until i start re loading my bowl and i notice his shoes are on? he was hearing dark blue beans and his dads old sexy women bikini shirt he'd wear every time we'd swim. "wh-y are yoou dree- ssed?" i say between coughing, "we should go get millie she's gonna be with a ton of idiots that think their drunk" he says before taking a fat hit. i sight and agreed before taking my bong back and finishing the bowl off. i grab my black converse and slip them on. we head over and as we walk across the street and the wind starts blowing i feel the cold air slam me like a train. i wrap my arms around me to keep my shirt from lifting. we walk up to her door and all the hits we took hit me fast. i look over at ricky and he looks completely gone. someone opens the door to walk outside and we walk in and both stand in the door way to the scene of millie singing and playing the piano?!

ricky starts laughing and i nudge him a little and sigh, i see nick stumble over to her and try to sing along to her church song. "ima go see if i can steal some food okay?" ricky smiles at me and i keep staring at millie and nick. i start looking around and see sam grabbing vases and pictures and looking frazzled. his curly haired friend follows lins in the kitchen and a sigh of relief washed over me seeing that she didn't see me. millie finished her song and i walk over to her telling her she should come with me. "y/n! you're here!" i turn my head over to nick who was smiling wide and i immediately noticed what i was dressed in and how weird i probably looked to everyone in pjs.

ima do a part two later tonight