Epilogue

[Spitfire : Epilogue]

After

          On the fifth of May, 1998, Fred Weasleys funeral took place. It was a large event, filled to the brim with Weasleys, and everyone who's lives were affected by the older twin. The entire day was strenuous, Cassie felt that at every moment she had to entertain people and keep them comfortable in the depressing atmosphere. While she ran around, panic-ridden and obsessed with making people happy, Fiona had been chasing her around to achieve the same goal.

    Poor girl never realized that Cassie would never truly be happy again.

    When Cassie had lost friends and family during the war, she had to keep going. She kept going because the war was still going, and she still had loved ones to support her. But now her main arch was gone, forever, and the war was over. How was she supposed to continue in this world, free of war and revenge-filled werewolves, without her favorite person?

    Was this how Sirius felt when he lost her mother?

     Cassie could hardly remember the events that took place at the funeral. All she could remember was pain, and the uncomfortable irritation of her unbearably runny nose. However, what she did remember in full picture was the lowering of his coffin. They had buried him in the same plot as the Prewett twins, Molly Weasley's two younger brothers who began the twin-gene, and passed away admist the First Wizarding War. The days leading up to that last goodbye were the worst, but watching as they covered his coffin with dirt, she felt nothing. She just stared, watching each uncovered spot disappeared under soil. Then she remembered unlocking the doors to the Weasley Wizard Wheezes joke shop, greeted by nothing but darkness, and the sweet scent of an alchemist's lab.

    Cassie skipped by everything, not even bothering to put the lights on. She went to the door that led to their flat upstairs, it was locked. With a simple unlocking charm, she climbed the stairs and emetered the abandoned flat. She expected it to be just how they left it, instead, she found it trashed. The window overlooking Hogsmeade was shattered, and there were hints of dying dark magic present. It was still early after the war, whichever Death Eater had left the mark must've died, and the magic was leaving with them.

    Ignoring the trashed flat she went to the hallway, on one side was Cassie and Fred's room, and the other was George's. Both doors were broken, their knobs either charred or on the floor. Cassie slowly opened the door, her wand ready, but found the room empty of people. Instead, it was trashed like the rest of the flat. The mattress was flipped onto the floor, and their wardrobe was spewed all across the room. Picture frames were shattered, and clothes were torn. Cassie found her obsidian necklace dangling from a shard on the window, someone was surely trying to steal it. So she took it back, pulling it over her neck, as she moved the mattress back up onto the doorframe and sat down on it.