Chapter 5

Your purpose is coming and it will change your immortal life forever.

The room stayed quiet and everyone were as still as a rock. The only sound that can be heard by mortal ears were the rustling of leaves from the trees planted in the garden below.

Aro's eyes were wide with disbelief, milky and unfocused. Maybe his wife was pregnant. Maybe she wasn't. Only if there was a way to tell.

Carlisle, even though he theorized the situation, was unsure as well. His kind face was scrunched up in thought, thinking of other possibilities that can  be correlated with the queen. They stayed like that for a while, just listing out possibilities.

Corin who was guarded outside's Aro's room, swiftly slipped into the room to ease the tension.

"Carlisle, that can't be true. Vampires can't form life, we take them. That's our nature, now I need a real diagnosis for my wife" Aro muttered after a while. He has decided, Carlisle was speaking nonsense and he won't take anything from him.

Carlisle understood the king, he did, the thought of something impossible might have the possibility of becoming true and it was scary. What will happen? What would happen to the queen? The uncertainty is what scares the king.

"I am afraid that there's no other possible answer, Aro" Carlisle replied. "Unless we find a cause for another possibility, this is the only option we have. Now, Aro, did anything happen to Sulpicia weeks ago? Maybe a month? Recently."

Sulpicia frowned.

"I did" she answered for herself.

"In the woods" she continued. Aro had a knowing look in his eyes.

Sulpicia fidgeted with her fingers but she went on to retell all the events that happened in the woods, two weeks back. Carlisle had an understanding look on his face he still no clue of what caused the queen's illness.

"I had told Demitri and some of the other guards to find the old woman but they had been unlucky with their search" Aro confirmed.

Suddenly there was a shift in the atmosphere and it brought a chilling feeling towards the occupants in the room. Although inside the room it was heavy and cold, outside, nothing had changed at all. The guards were still guarding the tower and the other members had leisurely strolled throughout the hallways, passing by many tourists on their way through the historical castle.

Sulpicia's hands unconsciously reached out to Aro's suit, her eyes jerking around to search for the source of the sudden negative feeling.

Corin, even though she knew that her abilities wasn't working on her at the moment, tried to use her ability to calm her down. And as expected, it hasn't work.

"You don't need to find me. I'm here!" A cackle was heard then finally the old lady popped into existence right before their eyes.

Corin moved to attack but she was frozen in place. Carlisle moved back to cover the King and Queen while Aro stood to cover his wife.

"Who are you?" Aro growled. Sulpicia recognized the lady and took her husbands hand and screamed in her head.

'It's her. It's the woman!'

Aro became more tensed once he heard her wife's voice. This woman! Her! She did something to his wife and that was punishable by death!

"What did you do to my wife?!" Aro growled as he pushed past Carlisle and grabbed the lady by the collar. His eyes were blazed with rage and insanity that scared Carlisle. This was his first time seeing the reader king in rage. His calm, happy demeanor was already frightening enough for most of the Vampire world, now seeing him all worked up and truly angry, it was something else.