Chapter 4

It's been two weeks.

Two weeks since Sulpicia started having urges, two weeks since she started inviting Aro in her room.

Two weeks and it's starting to scare her.

Never in her life (or death) had she have any urges she needed to fulfill. Most specially since she and Athenadora were transferred to live in the tower.

The tower was their safe haven, their protection. With the help of the vampires, the queens were always left untouched by anyone who would dare to even think about harming them. The tower was the place where they can relax, the place where they can feel as nearest to human. To feel contented and unproblematic.

But it isn't working anymore!

Heck! Even Corin's ability wasn't working on her!

She's gotten really fidgety ever since she went out on her stroll in the woods. The heat made her uncomfortable, her insides really contradicted with how her cool marble skin felt. The heat against coldness made her want to shiver, and this feeling is not dissipating anytime soon.

Sulpicia stood up from the couch and started pacing around the room, trying to keep her mind away from the churning feeling in her stomach.

Corin, who was wearing a dark loli-style dress, bit her lips in nervousness as she stared at Sulpicia. Ever since her ability stopped working on the queen, Corin started feeling worthless. She felt scared that she wouldn't be able to serve the kings anymore. That she would be outcasted. 'What if she were to be punished?' She thought.

No.

Going this far without punishment was already considered lucky for the small vampire. If Aro was really planning to punish her she would have been starved since two weeks ago. Her head would have been taken off and reattached multiple times.

But no, she was spared.

The case that Athenadora is still affected by her must have gave Caius a reason to spare the vampire. She hoped Athenadora would still need her no matter how selfish she thought it was.

Refilled with determination, Corin's back straightened more from her position on the couch.

With red eyes unblinking, Corin stared at the pacing vampire queen and focused more to her ability in making her calm.

It was strong.

The ability she was pushing was so strong that even Athenadora's eyes drooped as if she was about to sleep. But, alas, everything she did weren't working on the queen. It was as if there was a shield surrounding her. Preventing Corin from doing anything to her mind and mood.

Corin became stiff.

'Why? Why isn't it working?' Corin thought, feeling her unbeating heart quiver in uncertainty. 'Was she really regressing? Was being complacent and satisfied with accompanying the queens made her less of the talent Aro had found many years ago?'

Corin's red unblinking eyes never strayed from the queen's figure, uncertainty still clogging on the back of her mind.

Meanwhile, Sulpicia was still uncomfortable. Her body was hot, her stomach was churning, her eyes were unfocused, and it's starting to make her have an imaginary headaches.

"What is happening to me?" Sulpicia muttered as she covered her mouth when she felt something rise up from her stomach. Corin was quick to assist Sulpicia while still using her ability on Athenadora. The latter seems to still be in her own little world.