Epilogue (Two Months Later)

Two Months After The Official Reform

Tabe Soramtisu

Tabe got a job working as an apprentice for a chef in a bustling family diner. His mentor teaches him more of the basic food that they serve regularly and teaches him how to bake the delicious desserts. When he isn't learning with his mentor, he teaches himself back at his shared apartment where he tries out new recipes. Setsuno and Hojo are always willing to taste test what he cooks or bakes from the recipes he finds in books or online.

Tabe got a regulated quirk suppressor bracelet that looks like a regular watch about a week after the reform, so he didn't have to wear the large suppressants. But sometimes he would take it off just to deal with food that customers purposely left behind.

Sako patted the table in front of him, "Table seven wants some jalapeño poppers for an appetizer."

Sako actually helped him get the job since it was the same place that he worked at. And Tabe even got to start his own food blog where he shares his tastes and opinions on food that he had come across.

Tabe nodded back at him before turning away to get the jalapeños needed for the dish. "Got it!"

*

Setsuno Toya

Setsuno shares an apartment with Tabe and Hojo near a really good area in Musutafu. Each of them worked well together as roommates given the fact that they have spent so much time together previously working for the Yakuza.

Setsuno was doing remarkably better since yeh reform program helped fund his prescribed depression and anxiety medicine that he wasn't able to afford years ago. He has even started to dabble in poetry even though all of them are haikus that he just makes for fun.

He ends up getting a job working as a waiter in the same place that Tabe works at. He mostly takes orders, gets drinks for the tables, and gives refills for the drinks. And from the amount of tips he gets, he would say that he was great at customer service.

It was a slow day that day when he was giving out drinks to table seven who just wanted some jalapeño poppers. He turned his head when he heard a soft muffled sound coming from another table in the corner.

He rushed over to see what was wrong only to find a girl in an oversized sweatshirt looking miserable.

"Are you okay, Miss?"

The girl sniffed and tried to straighten herself up, "Um, not exactly."

"What's wrong?"

"My boyfriend—ex-boyfriend now apparently— just left some girl after we spent two years together. He was just yelling at me for how she was 'there for him' when we both know it's because of the sex. So my cheating boyfriend left and now I'm here picking up pieces of myself and," The girl rested her face in her hands, pushing out a large breath from her mouth. The girl looked back up, "Sorry. I kind of just ranted at you when you were just trying to do your job."

Setsuno reflected back to the memory of when he was in that sort of shocked and miserable state after what his own ex did to him.

"It's no problem," he reassured the girl. He looked back at the kitchen before turning back to her, "One moment, I'll be right back."

The girl watched as he walked quickly into the kitchen. He came out a few minutes later a white mug held in his hands.

Setsuno dramatically set the mug in front of her with a grand sweep of his arm, "One hot chocolate for Mis Sweatshirt."

"But I didn't order—," the girl took the white mug in her hands, paying when she smelt the delectable aroma of hot chocolate.

"It's on the house," Setsuno promised. He smiled sadly, "I was in your position years ago. And I wished someone would have shown me some kindness back then."