Chapter 9

*Ugh I couldn't let yall keep thinking Emily was a bad person. I had to give y'all this chapter ASAP*

*Emily's POV the night before*

I stir awake as I hear my phone ringing. Looking down I smile at the sight of (Y/N) in my arms. Maybe I was wrong, maybe things will be ok. I give her a light kiss on the side of her head before carefully pulling myself out of the bed and grabbing my phone. I walk out of the room and down the hall a bit before answering to make sure that I don't wake her up.

"This is SSA Prentiss."

"Emily?" I hear and my throat goes dry.

"I thought you weren't supposed to call me on this phone," I say in a hushed whisper, my voice tense.

"I'm sorry but it was urgent," he says.

"What could be so urgent that you..."

"Emily," he says, cutting me off. "Tsia's dead."

I feel my legs turn to jelly, and I can't form words as I slowly sink to the floor, processing the news I was just given.

"What?" I ask, my voice hoarse, and barely audible.

"I'm sorry for telling you like this, but you're not safe anymore. He knows where we all are."

"You're not safe either," I say. "I just lost one friend, I can't afford to lose another. What are you going to do Clyde?"

"Don't worry about me," he says. "You need to hide."

I wipe away the few silent tears that had escaped from my eyes as I glance down the hall towards where (Y/N) is peacefully sleeping. I don't care about my own life, but just being here with her right now is putting her in danger. Ian probably already knows my relationship with her, if I don't get to him first, there is no doubt that he will hurt her.

How could I even think for a minute that I could be with her. Ever since I first learned that Ian was back, I've been trying to push my feelings down as a way to keep (Y/N) from the repercussions of my past. Last night I let myself give in, and I can't say that I regret any of it. Falling in love with (Y/N) has been the best thing I have done. But now, I have to protect her.

"No," I say into the phone. "I'm not hiding, I have to find him."

"Emily, you would be signing yourself up for a suicide mission," Clyde says, and for the first time in all of the time that I remember knowing him, I can hear a hint of fear in his voice.

"I don't care," I say with a shake of my head. "I have to get to him before he can get to me."

Or worse, I think to myself. Before he can get to the people I love.

*Reader's POV*

"Good morning," Morgan says as you walk into the BAU.

"Is it?" you question as you sit down at your desk.

"Where's Em," he asks.

"What?" You figured since she had left your place so early, she would already be here.

"Is Emily not with you?" You furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"Why would she be with me?" you question. He looks at you sheepishly as he walks over to your desk, his voice dropping to a whisper.

"She kind of...told me and Garcia...about your arrangement," he says, nervously. "I'm the one who dropped her off at your house last night."

"Wow," you say with a scoff and a shake of your head. "Well, your guess is as good as mine as to where she is. She left before I woke up this morning."