Chapter 8

*Emily's POV*

"Emily," he says gently. "How long have you been in love with (Y/N)?"

"I'm not," I say quickly, a little too quickly, as I move to walk back to the car. But before I can get anyway, they both move to stand in front of me, blocking the way.

"Fine," I say with a sigh. "So I have a little crush on (Y/N), why do you two care?"

"Emily you've been miserable ever since this morning," Garcia says as she reaches out to place a comforting hand on my arm. "And you just threw up your entire dinner. I think it might be more than a little crush."

I sigh as I run a hand through my hair. I can tell that there is no way that either of them are going to let this go.

"Ok, but I am not having this conversation in the alley behind a restaurant," I say, and together the three of us walk back to the car.

"Ok spill it," Derek says as he closes his door, and the two of them turn around in their seats to look at me.

"You have to promise not to tell anybody that I am telling you this, not even (Y/N)," I say, seriously as I look both of them in the eyes.

"Yeah, ok I promise," Derek says, but Garcia is suspiciously quiet.

"Babygirl," Morgan says.

"What?" she asks. "You know I can't make that promise."

"Garcia please," I practically beg her. She rolls her eyes and throws her hands up.

"Fine, I promise," she says.

I take a deep breath and tell them everything. Every last nitty-gritty detail and they sit there staring at me until I finally finish. Even then they both seem speechless.

"I knew it!" Garcia finally says, in a volume so loud it makes both me and Morgan jump in our seats. "I knew something was going on between you two, but I asked (Y/N) and she denied it. I thought I was going crazy but this time I was right!"

"Penelope," Morgan says enunciating each syllable. "Not the time."

"Right, sorry, got a little carried away," she says before they both turn their attention back to me.

"Ok, so I understand everything you just said," Morgan says. "Now I am going to completely skip over the fact that you and (Y/N) have been banging for weeks, and nobody on the team even noticed, and I am just going to ask, why was she just on a date with somebody else?"

"Because I pushed her away," I say as I look down at my hands. "This morning, she asked me if I had feelings for her, and I said that I did, but we couldn't be together."

"Wait but, you both like each other?" Garcia asks. "So why can't you be with her?"

"I don't do relationships," I say. "Besides, (Y/N) is too good for me, she deserves better." It's not the whole truth, but they don't need to know that.

"Emily that's the stupidest thing I've ever heard you say," Morgan says and I whip my head over to him. He shakes his head at me, before putting the car in drive and quickly pulling out of the parking lot.

"Morgan, what are you doing?" I ask as I rush to put my seatbelt on.

"Driving you to (Y/N)'s house," he says without taking his eyes off of the road. "You are going to fix this."

*Reader's POV*

After the "date" with Maya, the only thing you can do once you get home is sit on the couch and think. You tried watching tv, but nothing caught your interest. Even the books that had been sitting on your bookshelf for ages couldn't hold your attention long enough to distract you from your mind.