Finale

*Beep* *Beep* *Beep*

The only thing keeping you steady right now was the beating of Emily's heart monitor. It's been your lifeline for the past few days as you wait for her to wake up. There were a few times where it would speed up, and doctors would come rushing in, ushering you out of the room while they did what they needed to do. During these times, your heart stopped, while hers was working twice as hard to keep her alive.

But she was stable now, at least that's what the doctor said. And you listened to the faint beeping while you drifted in and out of sleep, your head resting on your arms as you lean on the hospital bed.

"(Y/N)?" you hear, and you are convinced that your brain is playing tricks on you until you feel the sheets on the bed shift. Your head shoots up and you smile as Emily looks down at you.

"Hey," you say, happy tears forming in your eyes.

"You look like shit," she says and you can't help but laugh. Even after a near-death experience, Emily still manages to make you smile at the worst times.

"You should look in a mirror," you say. She looks around before laying her head back on the pillow and closing her eyes again.

"Where am I?" she asks.

"Specifically, the hospital, in broader terms, Bethesda," you say as you stand up and move to the other side of the room to get her a cup of water.

"I was just in Boston," she says as she places her hand on her forehead like she was trying to remember something. "I was looking for somebody..."

She drifts off at the end of her sentence and gets quiet. As you turn back around to face her you see her trying to push herself up in bed and stand up. Practically dropping the cup of water you rush back over to her and gently get her to lay back down.

"Doyle," she says, her eyes darting around the room. "Where is Doyle?"

"We don't know," you say softly as you sit back down in the chair next to her bed.

"We have to find him," she says as she looks into your eyes. You see a fear that you've never seen in Emily before.

"The team promised me they would do everything that they could," you say, and she furrows her eyes.

"Why did you say it like that?" she asked. "You said they, not we. You're not working with the team?"

"No," you say with a shake of your head.

"Why not?" she asks, her voice a mix of anger and confusion.

"Em," you say with a sigh. "You just woke up, you need to rest." You start to stand up to go get the doctor to tell him that she is awake, but she reaches out and grabs your hand.

"No, please," she says tears in her eyes, as she shakes her head. "I can't really remember what happened. I was with you one night and I told you how I felt. But then Clyde, he called about Tsia, and I went to find Doyle, to protect you." You sit back down as you see her working her way back through the past few days that she can remember.

"I found him," she continues. "In Boston, but, it was a trap, he...he got me, he branded me, he..." she pauses as she reaches down and brushes a hand over the new scar on her abdomen as a result of her fight with Ian. She closes her eyes and takes a breath before looking back up at you. "How long have I been here?"

"A few days."

"And where is the team?" she asks.

"Back in Quantico," you say, your voice barely above a whisper.