Part 3

Your POV:

*Luke leaned in for a kiss, and our hands touched. He muttered words of affection and you blushed. "I should have been with you in the first place Y/N." He whispered against your lips. You smiled and kisses him back.* you jolted awake and sat up, and it hit you that it was only a dream. It would only ever be a dream. You sat there crying, and all alone.

Luke's POV:

What Mae and i had felt so real, so passionate. I guess i should have seen it, had i payed more attention maybe she was giving me signs that she was unhappy. It doesn't matter anyway, because now she's not mine, and i'm sitting here chip crumbs all over my chest watching sappy movies alone at 1:30 AM.
I was so zoned out that i almost didn't realize that my phone was buzzing. I looked down and Y/N's face was on the screen. "Hello?" I answered. "Luke?" She said with a slight quiver in her voice. "Y/N what's wrong? Who was it? Are you ok?" I sprung off of the couch and quickly headed toward my bedroom to throw on some pants and grab a jacket. "I'm coming, where are you?" "I'm at the park no one did anything i just.." She broke down and couldn't talk. "I'm on my way." I didn't have time to find my car keys, so i just ran. I ran as fast as i could.

I arrived at the park, sweaty and out of breath. "Y/N?" I yelled trying to find her. Then i saw her sitting on our bench. Whenever we have something to talk about, or we just want to hang out away from home and we're broke, we come to The Park East. It's just east of the center of town, and it was a great view of the river. I sat down next to her. "What's going on?" She shook her head and leaned her head on my shoulder. I'm very worried at this point. I grabbed her and pulled her into my arms and held her while she cried. "When you're ready to talk, i'll listen." I whispered to her. She nodded, and stayed silent.

Your POV:

You brought him here to listen, you need to tell him. You were having a war in your mind that no one else could hear. It had been fought for four years, and it was time for a surrender. Doesn't matter what kind, it just needed to be silenced.