Part 15

Your POV:

"But i thought we had something, you know? I thought you loved me?"
Luke questioned as tears formed in his eyes. You tried to speak, but your breath hitched in your throat as tears threatened to fall.
"Luke i do, but we're great friends. You're a friend that i never want to lose, and you're nothing more. Does this mean i dont have feelings for you? Not at all. Luke i will always love you, but i think both of us know that we're not right for each other or it would have happened sooner. I really do love you Luke. I really do."

Luke's POV:

"...i really do love you Luke. I really do."
The words rang in my ears like a curse. If Y/N loved me, then why wasn't she here? If she loved me, then why aren't we anything more than just friends? These, among other questions, ran through my head like a never ending horse race. I climbed into the old treehouse and went to the wooden box in the corner. I lifted the lid to reveal the clutter of old coloring books, crayons, and an old Polaroid camera with a steel box underneath. I opened the box and pulled out the uncountable pictures that the three of us had taken. I flipped through birthday parties, bike rides, the time we went to the creek and splashed around like the children we were. These were the day. The days when we all were what we should have been all along. Someday, and hopefully soon, i would make them realize that that's what we will always be. Just friends.

// should i make a book 2??//