Part 12

Ashton's POV:

The next morning i woke up with a note on my chest from Y/N. Amazingly it hadn't been wrinkled at all in my hypnotic state, signifying that she hadn't been gone long. It read:
"Good morning Ash! Thanks for letting me stop by for a while, even though you were clearly exhausted. Today i have a tough decision to make, and i'll let you know when i've made it. I made you some vegemite toast and it's on the counter. Under the plate, i left you five dollars. Use that money to go to the coffee shop we used to hang out at over on 16th street. I hope you have a great day!
- y/n"
I neatly folded the note and put it in the pocket of my sweat pants. I made my way into the kitchen, and sure enough, there was a plate with perfectly toasted toast with evenly spread vegemite on the top. I lifted the plate to reveal the five dollars Y/N said would be there. I shook my head with a grin on my face as i took the money in my hands. This only makes me love her more.

Luke's POV:

I woke up that morning feeling defeated and deflated. I know that Y/N is a sentimental person, and i don't understand how the treehouse didn't win her over. I lay in bed with one arm behind my head and the other across my chest, staring out my bedroom window at that old house. Before i knew it, i was daydreaming of all the memories we shared in there, and all of the memories i wanted to make there too. A rustling of branches snapped me out of it. I peered out the window again to find Y/N in the treehouse waving for me to join her. "Great," i thought to myself. "I look like crap right now." I nodded to her in compliance and headed downstairs and out the back door, grabbing a piece of gum on my way. I climbed the rickety wooden latter and joined her on the old matted rug.
"Soo."
She spoke softly.
"Yeah?"
I inquired.
"Not sure. Just wanted to see you i guess. I miss hanging out up here. So much of my life had happened here, so many things i don't ever want to forget. I feel as if those memories, along with its rotting wooden foundations are deteriorating faster than i'd like to admit. This only means we have to make more memories. Maybe elsewhere?"
She rambled without a single breath.
"Yeah i mean, where?"
I replied.
"Go change, and i'll show you where."