Chapter 5

Around 3 p.m. Morgan and Collin walk into the house, and both are wearing bright smiles on thier lips.

"Hey," Connor and I greet them as Collin sits on the recliner before pulling Morgan down onto his lap.

Smiling at them, while Collin asks; "We should do something today, the four of us. What do you think?"

"What do you want to do?" Connor asks as he sits down on the end of the couch near them.

"How about we go play a round of laser tag, and then have dinner at the cafe?" Collin instantly replies, grinning over at our younger brother.

"Sounds good to me," Connor answers, and I agree with them as does Morgan.

I drive the four of us to the laser tag location where I pay for the game before getting our gear from the worker. Morgan and I are on a team with Collin and Connor on another, and I'm surprised as I figured Collin would want Morgan on his team, but whatever.

"Thank you for picking Collin up this morning," Morgan says before the game starts.

Smiling at her as I click the vest on, I reply; "You're welcome, and it's not a problem. It's never a problem."

Half an hour later, we have finished our game, and walk back inside the building from the outdoor course to return our equipment. When we finish with this, I drive us to the cafe for dinner, and we sit after giving our order at the counter, and getting it.

"So, Collin tells me you are writing with Lieutent Royce," Morgan says while we eat with a little smirk on her lips.

"I am," I reply after swallowing my bite of burger. "I just mailed out his letter this morning."

"Perhaps you and the Lieutent will fall in love, through your letters," Morgan grins as she sips her sweet tea.

Instantly frowning at her while shaking my head at her; "That's not gonna happen, sorry."

Now it's her turn to frown at me as does Collin while Connor rolls his eyes at me while Morgan asks; "And why not? It would be a romantic story to tell your future children and grandbabies on how you and their dad met."

"He doesn't want to become romantically involved with someone who is in the military," Connor answers for me with an egsagerated eye roll and sigh.

Scowling at him playfully, I tell him; "Hush you, but he's right, and we're not discussing this any futher."

Morgan looks as if she's going to argue with me further until Collin squeezes her hand, so she drops the topic. We talk about what we're going to do the next six days Collin is with us before he and Morgan fly out to see dad in Wisconsin. Connor has school a few days this weeks, and I have to work, but we are going to spend the evenings together.

"Hey Cullen," Monica greets timidly as she stops at the end of our table. "I know it's your day off, but, uh, Markus burned his hand, and refuses to see a doctor. Could you possibly convince him to go, please?"

"Yeah, not a problem," I assure her with a small smile at her as I stand. "Excuse me, I'll be right back."

Entering the kitchen, I make my way over to Markus, who is at the counter to ice cupcakes. "Hey Markus."

"Hey Cullen, what are you doing back here? I thought you had the day off?" he returns with a smile as he moves his wrapped right hand from my view.

"I am off today, but I'd like to see your right hand," I answer him looking directly at his hand that is hidden from my view.

"There's nothing wrong with it, and I have no idea why Monica bothered you on your day off," he grumbles still refusing to let me see his hand.

"Markus let me see your hand, or I'm calling Dean and Tori," I firmly says; Dean is a manager like me, and Tori owns the cafe, but Tori is Markus' mum, and Dean's aunt.

He loudly sighs as he brings his arm around to unwrap the bandage off his hand to show me. Examining his hand, I let out a deep sigh as I frown up at him before rewarpping his hand; "I'm calling Dean to come in and cover for you."

Calling Dean, I explain everything to him once he answers befor I end the call to tell Markus; "He'll be here in five, and then I'm taking you to the emergency room."

"Since your brother is home, I'll take myself to the emercency room," he argues.

Shaking my head at him; "Nope. I'm gonna take you in your car after I give Collin my keys, so they can go do whatever they want."

Leaving the kitchen before he can argue any further, I make my way back to my family to tell them what's happening, and give Collin my Jeep keys.

"How are you getting home later, Cul?" Connor asks in a small voice.

"I'll take an Uber home from Markus' after I drop him off at his home," I tell him gently with a smile. "I just need to make sure Markus is okay."

Just then Dean walks into the cafe with a deep scowl on his lips as he enters the kitchen. I give them a couple of minutes before I head there to get Markus, so we can leave for the emergency room.

Two hours after arriving at the emergency room, Markus is released with his burned hand treated, wrapped, and paper perscriptions for onitment and pain relief. Stopping at a pharmacy on the way to Markus', we pick up his perscriptions, and then I drive him home. I requested an Uber of the app while I settled Markus into his house. When the Uber arrives, I climb in, and he drives me home, and when I arrive, my Jeep isn't here, so I sit on the porch swing to wait for everyone to come home.

Pulling my phone from my pocket, I see a text from Collin saying that I need to let them know when I'm heading home, so I text back saying I'm already home, and waiting on the porch. I tell him not to rush at whatever they're doing, as my phone is charged, so I can entertain myself until they arrive.