8:

Standing by the wheel of the ship, we overlooked the crew who were swabbing the deck.

Bethie hands Jack the papers that Cutler gave her.

"Beckett." Jack sighs, folding the papers back once he has finished reading them.

"Yes, they're signed 'Lord Cutler Beckett.' He runs the East India Trading Company now." Bethie informs us. Jack grabs one of my hands, the other hand looking over the paper again.

"What does he want?" I ask, and Elizabeth gives me a face of sorrow.

"The compass." Elizabeth answers.

"Will was working for Beckett and never said a word." Gibbs answers, and Jack turns to me, as if some idea had popped into his head.

"If you and William arrived together, and he was working for Beckett-" He begins.

"Jack, I'm not working for Beckett. I knew, yes, but I'm not working for him. I wouldn't do that." I tell him, and he nods.

"Of course, I don't know what I was thinking." He tells me, brushing the idea out of his head.

"Beckett wants the compass, only one reason for that." Gibbs answers, looking between me and Jack.

"He wants the chest." I answer, and Bethie nods.

"He did say something about a chest." Elizabeth answers.

"If the Company controls the chest, they control the sea." Gibbs responds.

"I don't really like the sound of that idea." I whisper, and Jack rubs his thumb over my knuckles.

"A truly discomforting notion, love." He tells Bethie.

"Baaad! Bad for every mother's son what calls himself pirate. I think there's a bit more speed to be coaxed from these sails." Gibbs announces, before walking off to order the crew members.

"Might I enquire as to how you came by these?" Jack asks, holding the Letters of Marque in his hand.

"Persuasion." Elizabeth answers, quickly.

"I'm assuming it wasn't kind." I ask her, and she smiles.

"When have you ever known me to be friendly, sister?" She asks, and I laugh.

"Will strikes a deal for these and upholds it with honor, yet you are the one standing here with the prize. "Full pardon, commissioned as a privateer on behalf of England and the East India Trading Company..." As if I could be bought for such a low price." Jack mumbles, and I overlook the crew, noticing Norrington staring at us.

"Jack, the letters, give them back." I tell him, and he turns to look at me.

"No, persuade me." He tells me, and I chuckle, before taking the letters.

"I may not know how to handle a sword, but I can still hurt you." I tell him, handing the letters to my sister.

"I'd like to see you try." He tells me, placing one hand on my waist, and other on my shoulder, leaning down and kissing me.

I pulled away, and walked down the stairs, heading to the captain's quarters, before Norrington stopped me.

"Anna-Marie, wait." He calls, and I turn to face him.

"Norrington? Is everything okay?" I ask him, and he walks to me.

"It's a curious thing, there was a time I would give anything for you to look like that while thinking about me." He tells me, causing me to give him a look of confusion.

"I'm afraid I'm going to need you to elaborate." I tell him, the dagger on my thigh feeling as if it weighed a thousand pounds.

"You never asked, why I tried to save you so many times, why I was the first one to save Elizabeth?" He asks.

"Because she's the governor's daughter, and the one you were going to marry at that time." I answer, still slightly confused.

"Look at you, Anna-Marie. You're absolutely stunning. Your views on women, your views on piracy, you, in general, absolutely stunning." He answers.

"Thank you?" I question.

"You're glowing when you're pregnant. You look beautiful." he tells me, his hand caressing my cheek, I slapped it away.

"No. You know I'm with Jack. I can't, I won't. You have been one of my best friends my whole life, and you know what I've gone through. I'm not doing this today." I tell him, marching off to the cabin.

I heard Jack say something to Gibbs, but didn't quite understand. I sit on the bed, the tears falling and the memory running on repeat in my mind.

Bethie burst in the room, and sees me, trying to pull the old dress off, but struggling, from my shaking hands. She closes the door, and walks over to me, getting the dress off, leaving me in my lace undergown.

"I saw what happened, it's been handled. It'll never happen again, I promise you." She tells me, wrapping me in a hug, being cautious of the bump.

Then, I felt water running down my legs. Then, in a second, a huge wave of pain came, and I passed out in my sister's arms. The last thing I heard was my sister screaming for Jack.