⌗024. [2023] Working Days

[Diana's POV]

I sighed and massage my temple gently while listening to the staff and board members' discussion. Meeting virtually with the board members who are in Seoul while us in the US.

"We can't do anything already. We don't have the rights. We don't have any legal laws for sasaengs. We can only blacklist them and to put more security around Diana." The CEO of HYBE says.

"That is not enough. Every time we change her phone number, sasaengs will always get her number. There are still sasaengs in our company. We really need to check on all staffs."

"Even if we fire them for leaking her informations, they will continue. Unless we make a restrain order to them. But there is no proof. Korea does not have any legal law to discard these obsessed fans."

I sighed, "Then let's make one." I said.

The staff looked at me. I look at the camera in front of us.

"If we don't have one, we make one. Send letter to the parliament. Sports and youth minister. He knows this matter. We need this. Artists needs more protection more than you think we need." I said

"Diana, that would take up to 5 years for the law to be legalize. Plus, if they listen to you. This is nothing to them, Diana. This is not politics." The CEO said. I rolled my eyes.

"It is. Right now, K-Pop is one of the largest sources of tourist coming into South Korea. More than 50% tourists come to South Korea because that's where K-Pop is from. I'm not wrong. I'm stating facts. I'm serious. Hundred percent serious right now." I told them.

"Fine. You made your point. But they won't listen to you, Diana. This isn't the priority right now. Not this." The CEO replied. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

"Who doesn't want to listen what Diana Park has to say?" I replied.

The CEO laughed sarcastically, "Diana. I'm sorry. But your words are dangerously arrogant."

"Well, I'm sorry because I've been dealing with sasaengs for eight years. I have been involved in accident because of sasaengs over 5 times and they even rented an apartment at Hannam The Hill and every night they would come to my apartment to send threats to me. Yeah, good for your, you just take all the money your artist makes and don't even care or even put double protection on your own artists!" I slammed my hand on the table.

The meeting went silent.

I swallowed, "Look. I'm not the only artist in the world who is dealing with sasaengs. Yes, other countries don't call them sasaengs. They are obsessive fans. They are stalkers. Okay? It's freaking annoying and frustrating. They wait at your door every single day. They put cameras in your hotel room. They sell those photos online and then leak your informations. I seriously don't want that." I said.

"If you really don't want to move, I'm gonna move. Because I'm sick of it. 8 years of this shit. Shoving cameras into my face. They even went to my parents' house to send gifts. I'm so done with this shit, okay? So, if you guys aren't doing anything, I'm using my own money and power." I said.

I stood up and leave the conference room.

I went to the elevator and went to the 17th floor where my hotel room is. I texted Manager Lee that I'm going back to my room because my mood is totally up and down right now.