Interview #2 | @NACabano

9th July 2021

Author - NACabano

Tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

Heya, I'm Nathan! I'm a teenage writer, drummer, part-time emo, pizza eater, zombie killer, child of God. I was told about Wattpad from a close friend.

───────✧❁✧───────

1.

How many books have you written and which is your favorite? I have written two novellas, five short stories, and I am currently writing my first novel. So far, my novel, Hailwater, is my favorite for many reasons.

2.

What part of your recent book did you have the hardest time writing? It would have to be a moment in chapter 10. It's little hard to explain, but I'll just say the reason the chapter will be short is because I hated it, but it's necessary to the story.

3.

What part of the book was the most fun to write? It has to be a moment in Chapter 3, Hands down! I won't say what it is, but when it's released, you will know.

4.

Which of the characters do you relate to the most and why? I try to answer that, it will be hard because the three main characters are based on a personality trait of mine. I'll say Bowie, for his love of music.

5.

What perspectives or beliefs have you challenged with this work? An old enemy of mine named Toxic Christianity.

6.

What inspired the idea for your book? It's quite the handful, but mainly, it was the 1987 film The Lost Boys, and the 1962 novel, Something Wicked This Way Comes.

7.

How much research did you need to do for your book? Not much. The story is set in 1987, and I already know a lot about the 80s, thanks to Stranger Things.

8.

How long did it take you to write this book?  I am still writing it, but so far, it has taken my about two months.

9.

How did you come up with the title for your book?  Three words: Town Name Generator. It's boring, I know.

10.

Would you and your main character get along?  Probably not. He's sort of a butt.

11.

If you could meet your characters, what would you say to them?  To Noel, (The main protagonist) I would ask him why he's so gullible. To Irwin, I would congratulate him for being the smartest in the trio. And to Bowie, I would buy him lunch and hang out at a Main Event or something.

12.

How do you process and deal with negative book reviews, if you've received any?  I take it as advice. I'm not the best author in the world, and I may never be.

13.

Are there therapeutic benefits to modeling a character after someone you know?  I don't know how to answer that. I usually base the main characters on myself, and I rarely have time for secondary characters. If I have an answer, It's probably not coming to mind as I write this.

14.

What is the most difficult part of your writing process?  Long sentences. I get bored even talking about it, lol.

15.

How long have you been writing or when did you start?  I've been writing since January of 2018.

16.

What advice would you give to a writer working on their first book? - Don't take this the wrong way, readers, but if you think your book is crap, it probably is. That's why you start over until it is exactly as you want it.

17.

How do you develop your plot and characters? I puzzle up the characters in my head, but the plot, I write as I go... *has existential crisis*

18.

What is your work schedule like when you're writing?  I don't have schedules because my life is so hectic, so it depends on whether its good time to write or not.

19.

What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?  I always try to put music and pop culture in my writing. Hailwater will be my first story with it's own soundtrack available soon on Youtube and Spotify.

20.

What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?  The jokes I hate in my books are actually hilarious to readers, lol.

21.

Do you hear from your readers much? What kinds of things do they say?  Most readers look at a chapter without saying a thing, but from the people who do speak, it's usually positive reviews.

22.

What would you do with your first advance if you published a book?Follow my crappy story rule and aways self publish.

23.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal? A werewolf. Because they're friggin cool!

24.

What has influenced you the most as a writer?  Not all people are jerks. Some are actual readers who really want to know what happens to the monster at the end of the book. I'm afraid I will publish something and lose everyone; All my followers, but I will always know there will be at least two people who will appreciate my surprisingly twisted sense of humor.

25.

Give a shout-out to a fellow Wattpad author.  TibulCain > Read his book or I will break into your home and eat a Kitkat bar whole!