Interview #4 | @tin2rh7

12th June 2021

Author - tin2rh7

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

I'm not married, but I've been in a relationship for eight years. My work is in the field of health. It involves 24-72 hour hospital work, to 8-10 hours clinic setting. The thing I enjoy the most is driving, and I like to race my car, even if it's not for racing. I love listening to Epic/Neoclassical music. My favorite is Thomas Bergersen's music and his team, Two Steps From Hell. Writing is where I express myself more.

I came to know about Wattpad in the year 2018 because of a colleague who later got curious about what I was doing on my laptop. When I told her I was writing a story, she encouraged me to put it on Wattpad and that was it. But it's only in December 2020 that I decided to publish my story here.

───────✧❁✧───────

1.

What is your writing Kryptonite?

It's the dialogues. This is really a struggle for me because I suck at it. Sometimes the conversations are awkward and I won't even be able to notice it unless someone tells me, "Hey, this is wrong. If I say this, would you answer with that?"

2.

If you aren't using a pseudonym (alias), have you ever considered writing under one?

Yes, it would be fun. I could use some other name, but it would remind me of the trouble I had to go through when I fixed my birth certificate. So, I think I would just shorten my name to Tin Wency.

3.

Do you try more to be original or to deliver to readers what they want?

Original. I'm as stubborn as a rock. However, I listen to what readers have to say and I take time to ponder on their comments. If it sounds reasonable and it will do the story better, I will modify things a bit.

4.

As a writer, what would you choose as your mascot/avatar/spirit animal?

Rawk! Rawk! Definitely the Raven. They are my friends, always flying by when I walk the trails back home. It sounds like a creepy choice but personally, I think it fits well with how I write my books.

5.

Do you hide any secrets in your books that only a few people will find?

Yes. I love doing this! For the love of solving puzzles and fitting pieces together. It's like Easter eggs.

6.

What is your favorite childhood book?

It's a book about space (stars, planets, galaxies) that allowed me to fit stickers to blank white spaces. It's fun and educational.

7.

Do you feel like it is most important to have A) Strong characters B) Mind-blowing Plot twists or C) Epic settings?

I'm not good at making plot twists, like I'm not good at keeping surprises because I usually have revealed it already via Easter eggs. So I'm going with the strong characters. In most books that I have read, I would most likely remember the ones that have characters that left a mark on me. Usually they are characters that have a peculiar trait that I admire.

8.

What behind-the-scenes tidbit in your life would probably surprise your readers the most?

Hmm, I don't really know what will. I think it's how I stay calm amidst the panic. Many take this as me being apathetic, but it's like my defense when placed in a situation, but deep inside, there's a lot going on. Or perhaps it would be my job as an emergency room physician. Being able to write stuff and be on the job is virtually impossible.