Interview #6 | @PatricktheGecko

14th July 2021

Author - PatricktheGecko

Hi, please tell us a bit about yourself and how you came to know about Wattpad.

I am 16, a freshman in college. I
live with my sister, and I am my own legal guardian after I became emancipated. I have always read a lot, so I began looking for free sources to read, and later discovered Wattpad.

───────✧❁✧───────

1.

What made you want to become a writer?

Funny. I never thought of myself as a writer. My book, Searching For Meaning, is more of a journal I used to cope with; the situations I am going through and have gone through in life.

2.

Do you like to write while listening to music, watching a television program, or in silence?

I absolutely love music, everything from Classical, to Hard Rock, depending on the mood of the chapter. LOL.

3.

Do you have a certain number of words a week you're trying to achieve, or do you go with the flow?

I go with the flow. On my other book, Destiny, my inspiration to write it came from reading some of my friends' books. I love Werewolf and Sci-fi stories.

4.

What are your stories about?

Searching For Meaning and Dealing With Ambiguity are about me.

Destiny is a Werewolf book.

5.

Do your stories have a lesson or a moral?

Anti-bullying. It shows how it effects others, and hopefully shows even in darkness there is light if you look for it hard enough.

Destiny - overcoming racism, and mixed heritage.

6.

If you could spend time with a character from your book, whom would it be? And what would you do?

HAHA. In my book, Destiny, I have to say "Tex" or "Mikey". "Mikey" was loaned to me for a chapter or two as a cameo from one of my friends on Wattpad. He was my favorite character and The_AlphaKing said I could borrow him, with his assistance in writing the characters dialogue. Though, now I am having 'writer's block' in those chapters.

7.

What is the toughest criticism given to you as an author?

Honestly my grammer, punctuation, and compound sentences. I excelled in Math and Science in school, and I was average in English. I try my best in writing the way I want to.

8.

What has been the best compliment?

This question is really tough. Any comment recieved I feel are equally my best. It shows you enjoy what I have written or relate to.

9.

What is something memorable you have heard from your readers?

That my emotions can be felt in Searching For Meaning.

10.

What book that you have read has most influenced your life?

Sweet Soul by Tillie Cole. It's a beautiful romance book about overcoming odds.