Chapter 11 The Famous Dish

Ye Chunhua brought Old Lady Liu some food first, and then carried A'Li to the dining table.

Most of the babies around two years old in the previous life were chased by their parents to feed, but A'Li had always been eating by herself.

In addition, A'Li could use chopsticks, and would not dirty her clothes.

It was all from the original owner!

Ye Chunhua sighed, "She has always praised other people's children who are sensible. Why is A'Li so sensible, and she feels uncomfortable inexplicably?"

She served A'Li a bowl of porridge, picked out the meat and put it into a bowl.

"Mommy is really good. A'Li has not eaten meat for a long time."

Ye Chunhua laughed with her eyes narrowed, "In the future, A'Li will eat meat every meal."

"Mommy,do you want to raise pigs?"

"Your mother knows how to catch wild boars. When you finish eating, I will take you to see the two little wild boars, right in the henhouse.

"Are they alive?"

"They are all bouncing around, you will find them interesting."

Isn't it just to amuse the kids? In this era, there were no mobile phones and computers, no toys, A'Li could play a tangram for an hour without getting bored. It was likely that she would have fun for a whole day to play with the piglet...

A'Li became more happy and asked, "Mommy, is this really snake meat?"

Ye Chunhua flipped over the big porcelain bowl with her chopsticks, "This long, chicken neck-like meat is snake meat. Owl meat is a bit bigger, and it tastes smooth and meaty. This dish is called "the Battle Between the Dragon and the Tiger."

A'Li stared and said with a look of admiration, "Battle Between the Dragon and the Tiger? Mommy is more knowledgeable than daddy."

Ye Chunhua rubbed A'Li's head and burst into laughter, "What does your father learn?" He travels extensively for business, so he has wide experience. When you grow up, I will send you to Du's private school in town where the teachers are very knowledgeable."

Actually, it was because only private schools recruit girls. And the cost was extremely high.

Except for the people of Du's family, others needed to pay five taels of silver to go and study.

How valuable was five taels of silver? According to the modern prices, one tael of silver equaled two thousand yuan, while five taels equaled ten thousand yuan.  

Ten thousand seemed to be nothing, but ordinary people couldn't save ten thousand yuan in their lifetime in this era of scarce supplies.

Ordinary people sold a daughter, who was very pretty, only for five taels.

A'Li tilted her little head and asked curiously, "Is the private school in the town better than those in the village?"

"Of course."

A'Li seemed to have suddenly thought of something. Her eyes dimmed, and she shook her head anxiously, "A'Li won't go to the town!"

"Why?"

"Teacher Gu Jiaming is in the school in the town! When I go to the town, you will take the opportunity to visit teacher Gu. By then, you will abandon me again!"

Puff! This child seemed to be exquisite and knew everything!

"I won't abandon you," Ye Chunhua sighed, "I promise."

"Can you not look for Teacher Gu ?"

Uh...

I couldn't!

She would go to visit Gu Jiaming soon!

Of course, Ye Chunhua wouldn't admit it to her daughter, "Fine. I won't visit teacher Gu."

A white lie wouldn't hurt her much, right?

Besides, she didn't look for Gu Jiaming for herself.

Gu Jiaming was right. She was a married woman with a daughter!

She stretched her chopsticks and picked up a piece of snake meat.

It was so delicious.

Snake meat, which had been simmered for a long time, mixed with the sweet aroma of rice wine, could satisfy the taste buds...

It tasted terrific!

At this moment Ye Chunhua felt that life was so beautiful.

"Ye Chunhua, you egg thief, get your ass out!"

"If I don't hit you hard today, you will not remember, right?"

The shouts of curses outside the courtyard was resounding.

Ye Chunhua could only recognize the voice of the new wife of Gensheng.

Alas, what evil things did the original body owner do? It would be a tough day judging from the woman's tone.

Traveling through time and space, she became a villain. What a horrible life!

"A'Li, come and eat on the small stool."

It would be unsafe for A'Li to sit on the high chair, Ye Chunhua carried A'Li onto the low stool, and put her bowl on the high chair.

"A'Li, eat slowly. I'll go see your grandma. If you are afraid, go to grandma's room and don't run into the yard.

A'Li nodded.

"Mother, this is still a mistake I made when I was ignorant. I will solve it. Don't get angry and eat in peace, okay?"

Old Lady Liu pouted. She put down the bowl and struggled to get up.

"Mother, just have your food. Don't get up, don't get up. Hey, if you are really worried, go to the hall and accompany A'Li. Don't let A'Li be scared. She is so badly hurt that she may have a fever if she is frightened."

Without convincing the grumpy old lady, Ye Chunhua could only ask her to look after A'Li.

The old lady was already very sick, and she was tortured by the original body owner for two more days. If she didn't recuperate well, maybe she would have died when Wu Zhongliang came back.

What a sin.

"Ye Chunhua, aren't you good at plucking the hair? Come on, I called my sister over, come and pluck the hair!"

"The egg-thief, return my eggs!"

So it was this.

Just stealing a few eggs should not cause such a big scene...

It was really troublesome to clear up the messy for the original body owner.