This is james

Shortly after the house shook and the power went out everything came back on Jason and Jacob are rushing up the stairs to the attic.
   Justin looks at the book before he gets freaked out by everything that has just occurred. "What the hell was that" Jason says as he walks through the doorway.
   Justin just shrugs his shoulders "I don't know I was just reading a book and after I said the third line all that started happened I think the book is cursed"
  Jacob tries to contain his laugh but can't and is soon laughing so hard his stomach hurts "Justin curse objects don't exist" Jacob says
   Jason looks at Jacob like he is crazy "yes they do Jake,have you not seen Annabelle!" Justin clears his throat "instead of arguing look at this book I found it in that old trunk"
     Jacob grabs the book "ah it's a book of witchcraft grandad use to say he and grandma were witches from a powerful coven during the witch trials but the coven broke up"
    Jacob puts the book down and goes over to Justin it was just a coincidence it's late how about you just go to bed okay?" Jacob says
   "Yea it will be fine Justin the power is back get ready for bed and put a movie on okay" Jason says Justin says okay before moving to the stairs and goes down to his room.
   Jason looks to Jacob "what do you think?" Jason ask Jacob "I think we should leave that book where it is if you and Justin are both freaked out even if it's all fake"
   They both leave the attic and go to bed before they have to wake up in the morning. A young man is in a dark cave crying "it's a waste of time I will take your power and then your life"
   The young man looks up "Jason will get his powers and find me I saw it in a vision you old evil warlock" the man replies
  "Good so I can kill  him to and get his powers" the evil women smiles  In the morning the house is quiet the only sound is from three young sleeping men in bed and the occasional turning or breaths
   And then at exactly 5am the alarm in the the oldest of three wakes up and gets ready for the day. As he has everything he goes into the kitchen to turn on the coffee maker and pulls out milk and a bowl and cereal and a spoon.
  About 20 minutes later Jacob walks down the stairs in a nice outfit "do you think I look good enough for the bank to want to approve my lone!" Jacob ask Jason swallows his bite and takes a sip of his orange juice "yes perfect and please get the lone at the moment I'm the only one working"
   Jacob scoffs "whatever" Jason is just finished eating when Jacob sits next to him he rinsed his dishes and put them in the dishwasher. And grabs a American flag looking coffee thermos and pours coffee in and puts some sugar and milk in it and stirs.
  "I'm off I have to place two girls with a permanent foster family and then I'm in court the rest of the day so I will see you this afternoon" He then leaves the house grabbing his bag and then gets in his car and drives away heading for work.
   Jacob finishes and gets everything before heading out to go pick up his friend son to take him to school as a favor.
  Across town in a dorm room a young man is just opening his eyes "why can't I just sleep in today?"
He then gets up to get ready for the day as he gets out of the shower someone comes into his dorm and tries to attack him and yells for help
  When the attacker covers his mouth with his hand and takes out athame and tries to plunge it when the water explodes in the bathroom and the person stops what they are doing. They lift the athame up to stab him and James starts crying and then the knife disappears in purple and white swirls.
   And the person then runs out but not before banging the young mans head against the bathroom sink and then again on the tub. The young man then passes out.
As Jacob is waiting outside the bank he is texting Justin telling him what he can eat and what he could do before he enters inside the bank to hopefully get the lone.
   When he is at the interview to get a loan he can hear the guy who is asking him questions say "this is the same thing I hear everyday"
  He suddenly stops "what did you say!" The guy looks up from typing and looks at Jacob with raised eyebrows "I didn't say anything are you okay?"
Jacob just shakes his head and says he probably just imagined it "what a crazy" the guy says Jacob hears it again he finishes the interview and goes outside to take a deep breath.
   Someon tells him to watch out he sees a ball being thrown at his face he raises his hand to stop it when the whole street stops he looks around he is totally freaked out. " I don't think that book was fake after all" he whispers out
All of a sudden everything unfreezes he looks around before getting in his car and driving home to try and talk to Justin about everything.
Jason has had a good morning before going to court. He has gotten info just a little while ago saying that his first hearing has Been rescheduled which he was a little upset with.
All of sudden there is a knock on his door "hey Jason do you think you can go check on one of my kid he was involved in something and I have court in less than 10 minutes." Jason looks up to see his friend Ethan standing in the doorway
"Sure just give me all the information and where he is" "thanks I will send you a email but he is at the dorms at San Francisco university dorm 2"
He then leaves to let Jason think about what the kid has gotten involved in he then goes to check his email to see if Ethan has sent the email yet
He see he has after the first few information he realize it's James his brother. He then leaves his office to go check on him and see what is wrong.
When he gets to the university he sees cop cars he grabs his social worker id and gets out of his car. As he gets to the dorm room he is stoped
"Hey you can't go in there" a guy says he shows them his is badge "oh sorry man you must be his social worker"
James smiles "no his social worker is in court so he sent me but I'm all up to date on his case" he then walks into the room.
He looks around and sees a bunch of cops he sighs "hey can I help you?"a guy who looks around james age ask "yea I'm here for James I'm his social worker for the day"
The guy nods then motions with his head to follow him they go into the bedroom he sees James in a pair of sweats and wrapped up in a blanket.
He also sees James talking to Kelly he sighs "as of declaration of department of family services anyone in the states care they are not to talk to cops or inspectors or dectectives without a social worker present"
Kelly turns around "we waited but he was a no show" Jason sighs "then you know the protocall to call the state and ask for a replacement on his case"
He then turns to James " hey James in a close friend of Ethan he sent me because he is in court today"
James nods "what happened here?" Kelly sighs "a lunatic with the same M.O that took Adam but James luckily was able to escape but not before getting hurt"
  All of sudden Jason is angry and then the wind outside got really ruff making branches fall of electricity and everything "I'll take him back to place him in a house tonight just to make him feel safe"
  "James,Jason crouches in front of him I'm going to pack a bag for you,okay you'll stay somewhere else tonight"
   James absentmindedly nods for some odd reason Jason can feel how safe he feels with Jason. Jason then pulls James in for a hug and rubs his back. Jason usually only does this with his younger kids.
    He then goes and grabs a empty book bag and starts to pack a overnight bag.
   Justin wakes up a little bit after Jacob left the house he goes downstairs and eats some cereal but as he reaches for a cup it moves across the counter and onto the floor.
He backs away and then looks at his hands he then runs upstairs to read the book he spends the next few hours he doesn't even realize Jacob comes home and walks into the attic "I think we are witches" Jacob says to Justin "I agree that's what this book has to say at least"

🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🪄🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️🧙‍♀️
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter well bye for now.
1589 words
Published 7-9-2021