1.7

3 days before the banquet, Yuuki made his way to "Dragon's Trove". A shopping district with several high-end brands where the rich come to play. It was almost a city of its own, filled with buildings of different aesthetics and architecture. The dove gray block paving[1] blanketed the ground tightly forming a smooth surface. Signs of different hues covered your vision, a subtle battle to lull your attention and convince you to buy from them.

The whole district was cloaked under a soft blanket of orange as the stars of the night slowly crept up from behind, eager to devour the remains of the sun. Slowly, shops began to open their lights, from the elegant lights of a chandelier to the boisterous and beautiful shine of the neon lights. Even from afar, people would gather towards the Dragon's Trove, seduced by its riches and people.

Fu Cheng had searched through the database of all the shops within Dragon's Trove and found a suitable boutique that sold pieces that grabbed his attention. Currently, he was relishing the cup of Jade Dew, Fu Cheng was being accompanied by Ren Fukuzawa(aka male barista dude).

Unlike the uniform he wore back at the cafe, Ren had loose-fitting modern hakama[2] in gray, a long-sleeved heather purple sweater layered by a matching gray haori[3]. His jet black mullet was fluffed and framed his glasses, currently, he was sitting languidly with a teacup in hand while the other on his phone.

They coincidentally saw each other by the entrance, Yuuki later learned that Ren would be attending the banquet in a few days. Both of them were currently using first name basis, with their similar temperaments they were able to get along quickly.

"Yuuki, what do you think about the Gyokuro[4]  in this tea house?" Ren had led him to Han'ei no aji[5](The taste of prosperity), one of the most popular Tea Houses in Dragon's Trove.

Just a sip of the tea had engulfed Fu Cheng's senses with the scent of a forest after the rain, the sweetness that followed after was akin to a furious spring that raced through your tongue and down your throat. Ironically, it both satiates your thirst yet it leaves you wanting more. "It's good, however, I prefer the taste of Pu'erh tea[6]. A cup that can tell the taste and journey of the earth in a sip."

Ren hummed at the answer, sipping on the cup at hand. "Let's get a cup next time we meet each other." Both of them had an interest in tea, for Fu Cheng has always loved tea in his previous world. Ren on the other hand found it much later in his career as a barista, this makes him fairly new to tea tasting. Something Fu Cheng partook in as a leisure activity in the past, the different flavors of each would relax him and keep his mind away from stress.

After a few more minutes, the both of them finished their tea and the snacks that were served to them. They made their way out after paying and went out to buy their suits for the banquet.

Throughout the trip, Yuuki and Ren ended up buying more clothes, not just the suits they initially planned to buy. Ren would convince Yuuki about a piece which in turn would make Yuuki buy it. On the other hand, Yuuki would tell Ren history about items that caught his friend's eye. Despite the ungodly amount both spent, it was certainly worth it. Thankfully, one of the services offered by Dragon's Trove is the transfer of their purchase to their addresses.

Ren let out a content sigh as he stretched his arms and legs, they've been out for 3 hours. Time well spent; from the food they ate, the stories they shared, the clothes they wore, and the memories they made.

The two of them made their way to a cafe near the entrance where they waited for their ride home. "Thank you for helping me out today Ren, a second opinion helped quite a bit." They picked a table in front of the large glass windows that showed the bustling street filled with people.