Chapter 11 - Close Call

*(Flashback)*
We sat on the plush soft bed that floated a few feet above the ground. I was just staring at her as she layed on her stomach reading a book to me. I really wasn't listening, I was just looking at the way her facial expressions changed as she kept reading. But her eyes were so mesmerizing. It was like if I looked at her eyes too long, I would probably fall into a deep sleep. She hates when I stare at her. She said it makes her hands itch for some weird reason. Then she finally looked up at me scratching the backs of her hands.

"Stop staring at me like that. You know I get itchy." She whined scratching her hands, pushing my face in the opposite direction

"Why? You eyes are so pretty" I said pinching her cheek

She smacked my hand away rolling her eyes. "Thank you, but are you even listening?" She said sitting up.

"Yea..." I lied smirking.

She squinted her eyes at me "You're lieing" She said slamming the book closed tossing it to the side

"No I'm not! I was listening...in the beginning." I mumbled the last part. She hit me in my arm laughing.

"You suck Lau." She said hopping off the bed leaving her room. I just laughed following her.
*******

I sat on the couch waiting for the last 10 minutes for her to finally speak up. Her eyes held worry, fear, anxiety, and confusion all at the same time; but her face held no emotion at all as she stared ahead. She had her elbows rested upon her knees hunched over with her hands holding her head up by her chin. The drawings were layed out neatly on the glass coffee table infront of us.We were all speechless about the event that occured earlier with Azalea.

"I don't know what to do..." She said shaking her head covering her face.

"Do what you do best..." I started. She looked at me with confusion written all over her face.

"And what is that?"

"Fight. You know we are gonna have to fight in order for us to get out of here. Wells isn't just gonna let us walk through those gates and no do anything."

"Yea... but this isn't some 'ole secret spy assassin bullshit. This shit is real. Those things she described were demons-" She stated picking up one of the drawings

"And we are Angels. Descendants from the powerful Seven Kingdoms. We will win this together." I said taking her hand into mine and lightly kissed the back of it. She looked up at me blushing before laying her head on my shoulder and taking a deep breathe.

"How are we gonna get out of here without getting caught, Lau?" She sighed fiddling with her bracelet. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders and lightly rubbed behind her ear, inhaling her sweet scent. Her body relaxed instantly.

Then suddenly my body started to feel itchy as chills ran up and down my spine. I felt something pulling me again, and you already know I'm going to follow it. But this time it felt different; like something bad was going to happen. I guess Ziya felt the sudden change and lifted up looking at me concerned.

"You alright?" She asked

"I-I don't know, but I feel something's about to happen." I said getting up and walking over to her door.

"Wait! I'm coming too-" She said gracefully hopping over the couch coming towards me

"No. I have a feeling it's no good. Stay here-"

"You said that I'm a warrior, remember..." she crossed her arms "...warriors protect others, right?" She said as I rolled my eyes "Well, I'm going too. Now let's go." she said pulling me out the door.

I dragged her by her arm following to where ever the pull was coming from. We had somehow met up with Larry on the way there.

"You feel it too?" He asked walking along side me. I nodded. "She feel it too-" He asked pointing to Ziya

"No" She answered for herself. He just shrugged his shoulders and continued walking

I followed the pull as it got stronger and stronger. The closer we got the stronger the chills ran down my back and the tighter I held onto Ziya's hand. We had miraculously ended up in the middle of some woodsy area.

"What the hell is that smell?" Z complained covering her nose. I carefully sniffed the air and was immediately hit with the putrid smell of rotten eggs; sulfur to be exact. We all covered our noses as we continued to follow the pull with Larry leading the way. The stronger the smell got the closer we got to our destinantion.

Then we stumbled onto a little greenhouse and I could no longer feel the pull, but the smell of sulfur was still lingering. I heard the sound of someone lighlty humming coming from the little shelter.

"I think we here" Larry said walking towards it but I grabbed his arm.

"It's just Azalea in her greenhouse." Ziya said slipping out of my grasp beginning to walk towards it, but stopped once we heard the sound of twigs snapping and the crunching of leaves nearby.

We quickly hid behind a nearby tree as we peeked around it to find the devil himself. Wells. He was walking leaving a trail of burnt grass shaped like footprints that weren't the shape of feet but instead it was more like claws. But just as they appeared they quickly disappeared, turning the dead grass back to normal. Scary, right? He walked into her greenhouse locking the door behind him as Azalea's back was turned to him.

"What do you think he about to do?" Larry whispered getting worried

"I don't know, but we need to get in there." Ziya said about to blow our cover but I quickly pulled her by her shirt and yanked her back behind the tree.

Wells was whispering something into Azalea's ear. Our eyes widened when we saw a long scaley snake-like tail that held a stinger at the end and swayed back and forth from underneath his suit jacket. He had his hand on her shoulder as the stinger stood inches away from the back of her neck ready to strike. My jaw dropped as I saw his split tongue that slowly slithered out of his mouth as he talked. It was so disgusting how the long stringy saliva dripped out the sides of his mouth.

"What are you doing Lau? She's like a little sister to me. I'm not about to let him hurt her." She yanked her shirt out of my grasp.

" I go" Mon frere said already walking over there. We watched his every move and making sure that Wells didn't do anything to Azalea. That's the last thing we need is for one of the Chosen to be killed or switch sides. I pray to God that it never happens. If so, we won't be able to find all of our amulets.

Larry slowly knocked on the glass door and Wells' tail immediately slipped back underneath his suit jacket and fixed his slobbery face as he turned around. I saw Azalea exhale deeply, relaxing her shoulders.

"Azalea. They're serving stuffed peppers, vegetarian lasagna, and zucchini gratin at the cafeteria today!" Larry said excitedly acting as if he didn't see anything. Wells opened the door with a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Ooh! That sounds delicious." Wells said fixing his his tie. "I guess you guys should go eat then" Wells said as he quickly excused himself. Azalea waited for Wells to be out of sight to snatched Larry up into a hug. Ziya immediately ran up to them making it a group hug.

"I thought I was going to die. I love ya'll so much!" Azalea said giving each of us a bone crushing hug.

"Alright let's get the hell out of here" Ziya said pulling us by our wrist.

Now that was a close call...