Chapter 1

After playing back to back matches and having to do penalties everytime they lose, everyone finally took a break.

Kenma walked out of the gym towards the upward hill and sat down on the grass. He let out a sigh, silently thanking nobody as he finally relaxes.

He lays back and closes his eyes. He hears footsteps approaching and opens one eye to look.

Approaching him was a tall figure with lazy hazel eyes that stared back at him, his trademark smirk/grin, and of course, that ridiculous black thing he calls his hair.

"So, this is where you've been~?" his teasing tone very prominent. Kenma groans and internally rolls his eyes.

"Yes, Kuro, this is where I've been." he replies back, sarcasm evident. The taller grins, amused.

He sits down beside Kenma and looks up at the sky, a comfortable silence washes over them.

I'll take this time to let you know about these two. Kenma and Tetsuro have been dating since Kenma's 1st Year. After breaking the news out to their parents, thinking they would get disowned, they were rather surprised to find them very accepting. In fact, they actually had a bet as to when they would finally get together, to which the mothers won, because of course they did.

The silence was soon broken by a loud and familiar voice.

"Hey! Hey! Hey!"

"Please lower your volume down, Bokuto-san."

"It's fine, Akaashi!"

"*sigh*"

Two figures approach them from the gym's doors.

"Kuroo bro! There you are! I was wondering where you were!" Bokuto's voice boomed. It made Kenma flinch from the volume of it.

Kuroo, who was right beside him, snickered. "Keep it down,dude. Kenma's sensitive to loud sudden noises."

Kenma glared at him, out of annoyance and betrayal. Kuroo looked back, a sheepish smile on his face.

"Oops. Sorry." Bokuto lowered his volume enough for them to hear but not loud enough to cause Kenma discomfort.

"What did I say?" Akaashi sternly scolded. Bokuto smiled at him silly, to which he sighs.

"We're sorry about that Kozume-san." He says, bowing down.

Kenma shakes his head, "No, no, it's fine. I was just surprised."

"So, what are you two doing out here?"

"I was just looking for Kenma. Found him out here, and I just decided to stay. Besides, the breeze's cool."

"Ahh! I see, I see. It really is cool."

"Well, Shinzen High is located at a higher ground level, so the air is cool. It's also in a more secluded area in Tokyo, so it feels refreshing."

"Man, 'Kaashi you could be a journalist in the future if you want!"

"That's not what I'm aiming for, Bokuto-san, but I guess it's not that bad."

The future.

That got Kenma into thinking mode.

In the future, would I still be with Kuro?

In the future, what would I be? A man with everything, or a man with nothing?

If the worst happens, would Kuro still be with me?