Chapter 9

It was so sweet laying there with him. His body was so warm. He had rolled off of me, wrapped his arms around me, pulling me to him. I laid my head on his chest. His heart beat was so strong and steady. I was so comfortable with him.

“This feels so good” he said before kissing me gently on the top of the head.

“Yes it does. I could lay here forever.” As soon as that left my mouth I regretted it. Would he freak out at even the thought of forever? He didn’t even flinch though. His heartbeat hadn’t increased. The thought of what that meant made mine start to race though. Get yourself together Kaley I thought. We’re just hanging out.

We laid there, wrapped in each other’s arms, and talked about our families and our childhoods, past relationships and dreams. Good memories and some bad. It felt so natural talking to him, almost like we had been long time friends. It seemed to be like there was no topic off limits. We joked with each other and he tickled me, which I hate, just to hear me laugh.

I warned him that if he didn’t stop tickling me that I would flip him.

“But your laugh is contagious.” He told me, between giggles of his own, as he continued to tickle the soft skin of my sides directly above my hips. That was one of my most ticklish spots if rubbed softly.

Finally I had enough and used a technique that a good friend, who was a wrestler, had taught me. Originally he showed me this move to fend off attackers. It would instantly give me the upper hand, literally since I would then be on the top. I flipped him to his back with more force than I had intended. I was now perched on my knees straddling his hips with both hands on the bed next to his head. His eyes flew wide open. I had surprised him which made me grin from ear to ear inside. I knew he would appreciate the move since he is into martial arts himself.

“Wow nice move. I didn’t expect that from you. Who taught you that?”

“Thank you. I told you to stop tickling me. And I have a very good friend that’s into wrestling and wanted to make sure I could always take care of myself.”

“That’s awesome. I can show you a couple things too some time if you’d like me to. So… what are you going to do with me now?” He was toying with me on purpose.

I knew one way to take his breath away. I leaned down and sealed his mouth with a kiss. That kiss turned passionate quickly and soon I was lowering myself onto him. This position, with me on top, was amazing with him. I could control the speed and how much I tortured him. And he was able to touch and spread kisses over every inch of my body at the same time. What started as lust driven sex turned into a long love making session, even though neither of us were ready to admit to that. There were feelings between us that at times were so intense that they physically took my breath away. I knew he was feeling the same thing. It was well past 3am when we were both completely satisfied. He pulled me to him. Rolling both of us to the side, Taylor curled around me. I tucked my head in the curve of his neck and we both fell fast asleep.

I slept better that night, tucked into Taylor’s arms then I had in a very long time. He made me feel so special, safe and warm. He touched me like I was breakable but never treated me like I was. I never wanted to let him go. When I opened my eyes there was light streaming in the crack in the drapes. I’ve never been a morning person but something about waking up this morning instantly made me smile. I must have moved a little prior to opening my eyes that alerted him to the fact that I was awake. That’s too bad. I was hoping to be able to watch him sleep a little. I bet he looked so peaceful.

“Good morning beautiful” he purred in his raspy morning voice and kissed the top of my head.

“Mmmm it definitely is a good morning” I mumbled as I arched my back in a stretch.