Chapter 14: Simple, But Effective.

**Simple chapter, but it advances the story line so... EHH WHY NOT?!**

Louis' P.O.V.

After driving down the road for about two hours, I was getting kind of tired. I looked in the rear view mirror at everyone in the back seats.

Peyton and Liam were cuddling with each other, both sound asleep. Zayn was beside Liam, his head thrown back and mouth wide open. Phil had Maddy on his lap and they were both sleeping. I couldn't see her, but i knew Avery was in the floor. Niall and Adriann were sitting in the very back having their own conversations, and watching baby Aubrey.

Codi sat in the passengers seat and kept me awake. It was hard to stay awake if no one was talking to me and the snow falling was confusing me, making it harder to keep my eyes open.

"You look kind of tired Codi, you should sleep." I tried telling Codi. She wasn't fooled though, because i think she could tell that I was the one that was tired.

"I should sleep? And risk you falling asleep behind the wheel? Sorry, but i don't wanna die today Louis!" Codi laughed. She had such a quiet laugh that I had only heard when the two of us were talking. Unlike the rest of her friends, Codi was really shy, and kept to herself a lot.

There's this thing about Codi, She is really self conscious. And by what i have seen of her, she puts others before herself. Just looking at Codi, i can tell she is scared easily. I think that's why Adriann and Peyton are so protective over her! Codi is really sensitive, and everyone sees that.

"Good point!" I agreed. "So, what exactly happened with that guy back there??"

"Oh the one choking me?" I nodded. "Oh, I dont really know. All I remember is watching Adriann kick that girl's butt, and next thing I knew i was being held against a wall!"

"Yeah, well he's lucky I didn't kill him! Are you alright now?"

"My throat still hurts a little bit, but I'm gonna be okay." Codi made a weird noise.

"What was that weird noise for love?"

"Nothing..." I took a slight peek over at her, and found tears filling her eyes.

"Bullshit! What's wrong Codi??" I squeezed her hand.

"I just.." Codi sniffled. "I just can't get that picture out of my head.."

"What picture??"

"That poor guy... I shot him Louis! I SHOT HIM!"

"You did a good thing! He wasn't a poor guy, you were just protecting your friends!"

"I just feel so bad.." that one tear turned into quiet sobs, and she buried her face in her hands.

I checked the rear view mirror one more time. Adriann and Niall hadn't been paying attention to us this whole time, and they probably weren't going to anymore. Adriann was in Niall's arms wrapped in a big huddle, and was almost asleep. Niall smiling down at Adriann, who smiled right back up before positioning herself into a comfortable position and falling asleep. Niall noticed me looking, and his face got pink. I just winked at him.

I set my eyes back on the road ahead, and grabbed Codi's hand once again. "Now you listen here Codi. That thing you did back there, that was a good thing. We have been in the middle of a zombie apocalypse for months now! There are going to be worse things out there, and you have to prepare yourself for them!"

"And how exactly will I do that?" Codi wept.

"I'll help you! I'll be there when you need me, and even when you don't. You want something, I'll go to town with you so you won't have to face whatever's out there alone. We just gotta find somewhere to camp out, because by the looks of things right now we will be stuck in this car for at least a day or two..."