25| Admitting One's Thoughts

Having completed their tasks, the Elite Seven were called back to the Suekuni Trade Firm by Gozuki. The children then met up with him in the meeting room.

Gozuki: "Everyone's here. Akira's instincts about that man were right on the mark. I got him to talk. We now know the location of their salt works."

Gin: "So where is it?"

Despite her nonchalant bored tone, Gin felt elated. She sent a small unnoticeable grin towards Akira, him nodding slightly before he returned his gaze back to Gozuki.

Gozuki: "Gappi Marsh, of all places."

Akira: (raised eyebrows) "That dangerous place where most Danger Beasts gather?"

Green: "Seriously!?"

Natala: "That's what makes it the perfect hideout."

Gozuki: "I've been near Gappi once. It's a little too dangerous to be putting a hideout out there.

Green: "Since it's a saltworks, there are probably a fair number of laborers...I'm impressed they managed to keep themselves safe."

Gozuki: "I'd prefer to avoid fighting too many high-class Danger Beasts myself, but this is our mission, so we have no choice. We're going to Gappi! And we're going to crush the source of the rebel army's cash flow!"

Akame: "Roger!"

Timeskip

Finding themselves on the outskirts of the marsh, Gozuki sat on a stump of a tree. The Elite Seven were next to a flowing river, Gozuki going over the plan as he held up a map.

Gozuki: "We've identified the locations of two separate saltworks."

Akame: "They probably have two so that if anything happens to one, they'll still have income from the other."

Akira: "But from the plan, I'm assuming we're going to take them both out at the same time, right?"

Gozuki: "Yeah. We'll split into teams."

At the crossroads as to where it splits, leading to the saltworks, the Elite Seven had now been divided into two teams. Akira, Akame, Kurome, and Green on one team with Natala, Gin, Gozuki, and Poney in the other.

Akame: "Poney! You're not fully recovered, so don't overdo it."

Poney: (grin) "I know. I promise I won't drag down my team!"

Akira: (sigh) "Just don't die. Please."

Poney: "You got it!"

Akira then lets out a small smile nodding. He had high hopes that his family would come back in one piece, especially since they had Gozuki going with them. Gin sent a smile towards Akira as well, he himself sending a nod her way.

Heading into their respective directions, they begin heading towards the saltworks they were assigned to take out.

With Gozuki's group...

Poney opened the door to the saltwork they were assigned to take out. Peering her head in, she took around. There was no one inside, though the equipment had clearly been used recently.

Poney: "There's nobody here, Daddy."

Gozuki: "Though evident it was a functioning saltworks not too long ago. They may have fled just before we got here. They're hiding themselves pretty well. These guys are tough..."

Outside the facility, Gin and Natala were patrolling the perimeter. Gin rested her sword on her shoulder, a look of disinterest on her face as they kept walking.