Letter from Ivory: Fifty Years Later

Dear lovely friends,

Madam Orantia has taught me so many things during my time with Eliot, but I have also learned so much on my own. My walk of faith has had its ups and downs, but through everything I conquered fear, depression, and anything else that has tried to take control of me.

Eliot died this year. Yes, I miss him, but I knew it was time for him to pass. 

I'm hiding my tears and my choking words past this pen and paper.

I truly wish I could stay strong, but it's so very difficult...

He was an elephant, but so many people still cared about him and the memories he helped make. A memorial was created for him at the zoo--

I've also created a community outreach to get more money to fix up Banks-creak's Zoo...It was even re-named to Eliot's Zoo.

I love how so many people have been affected by this movement; by Eliot; by friendship. 

Friends come in all shapes and sizes...the important thing is not what they look like, but the role they play in our life.

Eliot played an incredibly important part in my life, even though he wasn't here forever, the time I had with him was priceless...

Magical...

Unforgettable...

On that note, I will leave you lovely readers, so you can make your own story.

And don't forget to make good choices, choose the right paths, 

And make friends who will stick with you for the rest of your life.

Because you'll have your ups and downs like I did, but your friends are there to help you get through them.

And believe me, everything happens for a reason, and that reason makes you all the stronger.

Sending all the love in the world,

Ivory