26: Jay B

1 year later (2023)

Jaebeom is at the Grammy Awards.

How? Well, it is a long story.

Last August, the word "Alive" appeared mysteriously on the side of the Louvre, the Colosseum, and the Empire State Building as if it were a Bat-Signal. It was, in fact, a long-awaited announcement about the return of Jaebeom. That Jaebeom, the smoky-voiced Korean singer who writes colossal songs about the long arc of memory, who knows better than everyone else what it's like to be heartsick and shattered, who croons as if from a completely different dimension.

After Jaebeom had finished the songs, he worked with AOMG to fine tune it. Together with AOMG, he released his album Alive in late August 2022. He did it under a new name, Jay B, marking a new beginning to his music career.

It immediately took the world by storm. Beyonce, Adele, Rihanna, Bruno Mars and many more famous figures in the music world congratulated him on his return.

And his songs did not disappoint. An outpour of messages flooded social media platforms, sharing their experiences and how they relate to the songs.

His songs stayed on the Top 10 BillBoard Music Charts for over two months.
#JayB, #Alive, #Breathe were the top 10 trending Twitter hashtags for over a month.

With the huge success of his comeback, AOMG helped Jaebeom to apply for registration that was between July 6 - Aug. 24, 2022, to submit recordings. (Just barely in time.)

Grammy schedule

Sept. 1, 2021—Sept. 30, 2022 Product Eligibility Period

July 6—Aug. 24, 2022 Media Registration

July 13—July 29, 2022 First Round Online Entry Process Access Period

Aug. 17—Aug. 31, 2022 Final Round Online Entry Process Access Period

Oct. 22—Nov. 5, 2022 First Round Voting

Nov. 23, 2022 Nominations Announcement

Dec. 6, 2022—Jan. 5, 2023 Final Round Voting

Jan. 31, 2023 65th Annual GRAMMY Awards Telecast

Anyway, back to the present.

Jaebeom was nominated for: Album of the Year, Best R&B Performance.

He will also be performing at the Grammy Awards later.

Right now, he is at the dressing room, getting ready for his performance. Even though Jinyoung hasn't been a manager for a long time, he remained cool and collected.

"Outfit, hair, shoes, makeup. Check. Okay, you are all set."

Jaebeom was about to get up from his chair when Jinyoung snapped his fingers.

"Oh yeah, before I forget, Mark passed me this, saying it is from Jackson." Jinyoung grinned.

Jaebeom's eyebrows raised.

Jackson wanted to come. However, being overworked, he collapsed with an extremely high fever.

After much persuasion and promises of cuddles, Jaebeom managed to convince Jackson to stay in China and recuperate. Jackson only relented when he learnt that the Awards show would be broadcasted live, so he could still watch it.

(A/N: Jackson and his parents moved to China a few months after the opening of the pop-up store because his company was based in Beijing, China.)