Chapter 14 - Nekoma girl

The kiss was so smooth and gentle, in that moment I had forgotten everything. Well everything until a car horn blasted at us.

We jumped and I pulled my lips away from Kuroo's, however he continued to hold me in his embrace. It was getting dark and it was hard to make out who or what was in the car until they spoke.

"(F/N)!!!!" Nicola yelled.

I moaned and hit my head onto Kuroo's chest. "Sorry that's my older sister."

"She guessed where you were! I didn't tell her anything so I still get to keep the dresses!" Madi yelled on from the front seat.

I moved away from Kuroo slightly and looked back over to the car. "And that's my younger sister." I said with a sigh.

Typical Madi completely forgot about me...

Kuroo chuckled.

"Sorry I gotta go." I said to Kuroo as I quickly walked over to the car.

"You seriously want mum to be even angrier with us?" Nicola asked with a disappointed look.

I opened the rear door and went to hop in when Kuroo walked past me to the drivers window. A quick flood of panic set in as he crouched down to talk to Nicola.

"Hey, (F/N) is an amazing volley ball player and she was accepted into this school as a team trainer. She has a natural talent for helping to develop others and will be a real asset to the school." Kuroo said calmly.

My mouth dropped open as I stood and watched them talk.

Nicola sighed. "It doesn't matter how good she is hun, we live too far away and we can't afford to be paying extra for her travel to come to this school."

I closed the door and crouched down next to Kuroo. "But Nicola, they have room for me on campus! Plus I'm getting paid for the trainer position which will cover the school fees." I said trying to explain.

Nicola moaned and leaned back in her seat as she gripped onto the steering wheel. "I dono (F/N) we will have to talk about it, okay?"

Oh great... the 'talk' that almost always leads to a no....

"Please." I begged with a defeated voice.

Kuroo stood up beside me. "She's got some real talent, and with her help our team is almost certain to make it to nationals."

Nicola sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Is this what you really want to do (F/N)?" Nicola asked softly.

My eyes widened. "Yes! It is yes! Please Nicola." I begged again leaning into the car window.

Nicola paused as she sighed. Madi looked over to me hopeful that I would be able to continue on at Nekoma.

"Please Nicola...." I said softly but just loud enough for her to hear.

"Fine." She said suddenly. "But you better get your ass in this car right now and clean the whole house by Sunday afternoon if you even hope to stay on campus at Nekoma." She warned.

I quickly gave Kuroo a soft hug before jumping in the car. "Thank you." I half mouthed so that Nicola and Madi wouldn't hear.

"See ya Monday Libero." He said giving us a wave as we pulled away from the curb.

I was praying the car would go silent for our drive home, however it didn't.

"Libero?" Madi asked as we began to drive away. "That's a cute pet name."

"It's not." I tried to be clear about that.

Nicola chuckled under her breath. "That's a pet name if I've ever heard one. What's the deal with you and Mr tall?"