Chapter 13 - Screwed up

Oh crap you've got to be kidding me...

I watched helplessly as the ball bounced in the court and rolled off too the side. The ref blew his whistle and pointed over to the other side of the court.

"It's okay. You'll get the next one. Sorry should have mentioned this server does jump floats." Kuroo smiled.

My face fell flat as I rolled my eyes at him.

Yeah should have mentioned that before I looked like a total tool asshole...

I refocused my attention on the server and prepared my stance. I took another deep breath in and focused on the serve.

The ball flew over the net towards us, but this time it wasn't the same jump float serve as before. Just a regular power serve.

"Got it!" Lev called out loudly.

I turned my head and noticed he wasn't in the correct stance for a receive.

"Bend your knees Lev!" I yelled as the ball came tumbling towards him.

He quickly squatted down into the correct stance and received the ball. We had a few good rally's and I was able to show off my perfect receives and covers. However I felt like I spent most of my time yelling at Lev.

"Turn your elbow out when you receive a spike and bend your freckin knees!" I yelled through gritted teeth.

I am not losing this game because this tall lanky string bean is messing up simple receives....

Lev turned out his elbows and again bent down to take the receive. He wasn't aiming the ball correctly though and instead of heading over to Kenma to set up a serve it came tumbling towards me.

"Hey Libero, set me up one." Kuroo yelled as he ran towards the net.

Oh crap... I can't set....

Hitting the ball up with the palm of my hands felt so foreign as I tossed it in Kuroo's direction. It was far from a perfect set, however Kuroo effortlessly spiked the ball down onto the other side.

The ref blew the whistle and the game was over.

I couldn't stop the huge smile pull across my face as I turned to face Kuroo.

"Nice work Libero, told ya you were a natural." He chuckled as he gave me a wink.

"Alright boys it's getting late, you all head home and enjoy the weekend. (F/N) can I have a word before you go." Coach Nekomata said as he waved me over.

I took a deep gulp and walked over to him nervously folding my arms as I hugged my elbows.

"You're a fine player (F/N), I haven't seen receives that flawless in a long time." He smiled.

I couldn't help but grin like a little kid at his compliment. "Thank you sir, your compliment really means a lot."

His smile quickly dropped and he raised an eyebrow. "However, coming in half way through the year really makes things difficult." He said as he began to rub his chin. "The girl's team is already full and they have 2 Libero players. As good as you are, and you are amazing. I can't kick out a young girl who has already put in half a years work, it's just not fair."

My face fell and I hung my head down. "Oh, that's okay. I completely understand. Thank you for your time anyway sir." I said taking a quick half bow.

"Wait! I'm not finished." Coach Nekomata said as he patted my shoulder gently. "What I'm saying is I can't put you on the girls team."

I looked up at him in utter confusion.