Chapter 5

1 day before Luke

"Kids were going to be okay." Mr.Mack" just sit in the counor and be quiet."

How could you be quiet with a gunman loose in your school? Honestly, please tell me how?

I sit in this class with Jamie and all we could do is keep are hands on each other's mouths to keep us quiet. I just looked around the class at the posters and out the window to see no police here yet. I looked at Jamie's eyes, the light blue turned into a ocean blue and the pure white around them stood out even more. A entrany goes by before we here the police knock on the door and Mr.Mack opened it. I wish he would've never. Nathen busted thru the door along with his gun and stood there in front of us.

"We'll look at this? Now everyone cares about me. Your all scared of me. Well I have news for you. Run" he looked insane waving the gun in the air shooting at random hitting two kids in the class and Mr.Mack. I stood up and ran with Jamie, as we turned the hallway Brady was standing there.

"Amelia, Jamie, run as fast as you can out of here! I don't even know why I'm doing this with him! Go run!" Brady was running towards the class I was just in.

Just when I thought it would all stop it didn't. Jamie fell to the floor, she couldn't move anymore and was screaming and pointing to her right foot. I bent down and looked, she was bleeding. Then out of the blue I heard gun shoots again but one hit Jamie, and she was gone. I screamed and ran as fast as I could.

I wake up screaming and Michie was already in bed telling me it was okay, which it will never be ever again. I jump out of bed and go over to my desk and start to write what happened that day. To comfort me and my sanity. Michie just stand over my shoulder and gasps and sighs the whole time and before I knew it was time for her to leave for work and I went to sleep, nightmare free.

I wake up a few hours later making it noon. I rolled over to grab my phone. With text Michael which is strange, he said he's never up this early. I decided to call him cause his texts didn't make much scene.

"Oh Micheal, why are you up?" I say yawning mid way thru.

"I need to talk to you in person can I come over?" He said which makes me nervous.

This is what makes me nervous, people getting too close to soon. They can just leave like, this is what makes it hard to trust people. I get up and grab a oversized shirt and leggings and walk downstairs Ginna was down there talking to Michael. He looked so creeped out by her after are talk yesterday.

"Hey, let's just go to my room." I say pointing to the stairs he nodds he's head yes and we walk up stairs.

"I want to get inside of you" Michael says.

"Woah there cowboy," I say laughing "it's a little early for that."

He giggles to himself then goes back to the no fun mood he was in.

"Like, that's never happened to anyone I know, and I know you need friends. I'm not an asshole, I'm going to be there for you okay?" He said just pulling me into a hug. I don't say anything I just hug him harder. So we sat there on my bed and he looked at some of my old writings and drawings. Then I learned that Michael can play guitar, and can sing. So we messed around we sang all our favorite songs. Then he took me to some old restaurant where he used to work at intill school started 3weeks ago.

I seen something in him I never would of thought I would have never thought to see in Micheal, he cared. On the outside he was a little shit. The inside, the sweetest person I have meet so far. I'm thankful for him, and Calum. Spending time with them was great, it made me forget about it all.