Chapter 4 : Homework

"And then Shadow offered me to read together without that girl!" Sonic beamed with joy through the phone.

We had been in the phone for 30 minutes now and all I've been hearing from him is just how the rest of his day went with Shadow. I sigh and facepalmed, I was pretty tired since it's almost late at night.

"That's great Sonic...uh, it's getting kind of late and we still have school tomorrow so..."

"Oh right, sorry Silver" he chuckled "well see you tomorrow!"

"Yeah, bye Sonic" I said and finally hang up the call.

I wonder how long those two will keep their little date in school, I just want them to hurry up and confess already. This is taking too long and before we know it we'll be graduating.

...
...

"Okay class, now pick a partner and do the task on page 83 which will be due next week" our teacher instructed before the class ended.

As always, Sonic have his eyes on Shadow and dash towards him before anyone could. He excitingly ask for Shadow to be his partner for the homework and as always Shadow said yes.

"Okay I'm back!" Sonic stood beside me while I was still putting my things under my table "who are you partnering with?" He asked.

"Espio" I said before getting up.

"Oh cool! You always partner up with him" he chuckled.

"Well I never questioned why you're always partnering with Shadow" I raise my brow and he stop laughing.

"Good point"

We all went to the cafeteria and have lunch together at our usual table. Sonic told our friends that our class is having this partnering homework, so he brag about being with Shadow.

"Why do you have to tell everyone that I'm your partner?" Shadow sighed.

"Because I get to have the smartest in class to do the homework with me, it'll be easy!" Sonic smiled.

"Haha that doesn't mean I'm gonna make you do the easy work" Shadow smiled evilly.

"Wait hold on, who are you partnering with?" Mephiles suddenly asked me as if he doesn't know the answer already.

"Espio, like usual?" I said and he groaned.

"I'm coming with you if you're working on your homework" He pouted.

"Mephiles, it's not like Silver would immediately cheat on you" Rouge laughed and Blaze nodded.

"One time I left him alone with Espio they were kissing!"

"That one was an accident! And we didn't kiss! My muzzle just bumped on his horn!" I cleared out but Mephiles will never believe me.

"Anyway...wanna do it at my place?" Shadow asked and Sonic out of nowhere spit his drink.

"D-Do what?!"

"Our...homework?"

"Oh- OHH HAHA- right! Sure" Sonic laughed nervously and rub the back of his quills. What an idiot.

"What about you, Silver? When and where are you and Espio meeting up?" Mephiles asked and I rolled my eyes.

"We haven't decide yet, probably tomorrow in my room"

"I'll make sure to come with you"

I sighed and kissed his cheek "you worry too much"

Sonic's POV

I always love it whenever we're having partner project or homework because I'll always be with Shadow! He doesn't seem to mind to be with me all the time, I guess he's very comfortable with having me around.