Unusual Skill Pt. 2

Maybe I'll add this... that should be good. You thought to yourself as you put the finishing touches on your drawing. It was 1 pm and you have been drawing since you woke up. Based on a dream you had last night, you created something from it. Kazuha had asked you a few times if you had wanted any food or drinks. You refused all of them and eventually closed your door. It was your day off Kendo so, you decided you were going to do something you haven't done in a while.

"I know you don't want anything to eat or drink, but at least have something." There was a soft knock at your door before Kazuha's soft voice was heard through the other side. You got off your chair and opened the door for him. He gave you a confused look seeing the bright smile on your face.

"Thanks, Kazuha." It felt weird saying his name but, you figured it would be even weirder if you hadn't said his name at all. You hadn't told anyone about this weird coincidence. Of course, the only person you told was Rylan but he was travelling with his family this summer.

"No problem." The boy placed a glass of juice and a cookie on your table. He peered around curiously at your room before stopping at your newly finished drawing. "Did you draw this?" Kazuha's smile caught you off-guard and you ended up choking on the juice you were sipping.

"Er- uh- yeah." Your face flushed as Kazuha took in all the details of your art.

"It's good. I like it. This part especially." The white-haired boy pointed to the finishing touch you had put before. It was a few fluttering maple leaves here and there.

"Ah- thanks." You awkwardly rub the back of your neck. Compliments about your art were things you received often but didn't know how to reply to.

"Do you think you can teach me?" It was so hard to tell the smiling boy that you've never taught someone to draw before.

"Erm, sure." Slowly, you sat down in your chair and stared at Kazuha. Mimicking you, he stared back and waited for you to start. "Well, you might want to get a chair first." Breaking eye contact, you turn to your (drawing tablet/sketchbook) and open a blank page. Returning with a folding chair in hand, Kazuha looks eagerly at the empty page.

"Here, you can use this pencil, this eraser, and this paper to practice." Handing him the proper materials, you turn to your own and start to sketch something. "Start with a line like this. Going across then a little curve down towards the end." You watch as Kazuha copies you.

"Okay, next, I like drawing a line from the start of the first line to make the back of the eye, then stop halfway creating an opening. Then drawing the tear duct. Then, curve two lines starting from one fourth into the first line at both ends... add pupil... add iris details. Use a curved line from the middle of the back to the middle of the tear duct and shade it a bit to create a shadow. Add a few 'shines' around the eyeball, iris, and/or pupil." As you continue to draw, you feel a light tap on your shoulder.

"I'm lost." With a helplessly cute expression on his face, Kazuha frowns at his own drawing. Peering over to his drawing, you stifle a laugh. It wasn't the best, but for his first try, it was a start.

"Well... I-" You struggled to find words to lightly tell Kazuha how to improve. The more you struggled, the more discouraged the boy looked. It made you want to hug him and comfort him. Taking a deep breath, you finally found words to improve his skills.

"Here... if you make the first line more relaxed. The pupil doesn't have to be this round and big. In fact, some artists don't use pupils, it adds to their style. The iris doesn't need to be this pronounced, you can add a subtle line to indicate it. Not all your lines need to connect. But then again, if that's what you're going for, it's great." You add a few details to Kazuha's first attempt. The boy watches you, amazed at your skills.