Pool and the stars

"Kazu! (Y/N)!" Jaime was downstairs while you were packing the last of your things into a bag.

"I'm coming!" You called as you swung the bag over your shoulder and started down your stairs. Before reaching the first step, there was a thump from Kazuha's room. Worried about the boy, you softly knock on his closed door.

"I-I'm okay! J-just... can you come and help me?" You've never seen Kazuha this flustered. It made you worry more than the noise.

"I'm coming in then." Gently opening the door, Kazuha's bareback makes the colour in your cheeks turn a deep pink. "K-Kazuha?!" Startled by the boy, you quickly turn around and head for the door.

"Wait! I need help!" Awkwardly, Kazuha turns to you as you slowly walk back towards him.

"Don't face me!" Your eyes are squeezed shut as you hear Kazuha shuffle around.

"Okay." The boy's quiet voice is clearly embarrassed as he obeys you. In turn, you face his bareback. Kazuha's hand comes over his shoulder to hand you a bottle of sunscreen. "I couldn't get my back. My arms don't reach." Hesitantly, you take the bottle from him and squeeze the lotion onto your hand. As you spread the cream on the boy's back, you feel your face slowly heat up with every stroke. After realizing this, you quickly rub Kazuha's back vigorously. You hear a small whimper, but the white-haired boy doesn't say anything.

"I'm done!" Taking the bottle with you, you head straight out of the room and down the stairs.

"What happened to you?" Jaime looks up from her phone the moment she hears you stomping down the stairs.

"N-nothing!" You meant it to seem a little softer than you had said. Instead, it came out a little rushed. You stuffed the bottle into your bag and reached for your shoes.

"Nothing? Looks like your face already got sunburnt." Jaime giggled as she took a closer look at your face.

"Does it? I don't think my face could look as sunburnt as your butt will be after today." Shaking your head at Jaime, you slip on your shoes as Kazuha rushes down the stairs.

"S-sorry!" The boy stumbles down the last steps and puts on his shoes as well. You could see the pink tint still dusted on Kazuha's face as the three of you exit your house.

"You'll love it there. Our pool is really big so there's no need to worry about fighting for space." As Jaime continues to talk about her grandparents' place, you sneak glances at Kazuha. His eyes are trained to the floor as he rubs his neck nervously.

"Anyways, did you guys get everything? We're not coming back until tomorrow afternoon." Jaime looks up from her bag as she looks at the two of you. First, your friend's eyes wander to Kazuha then to you. By the look on her face, you could tell she was planning something. Needless to say, the ride to Jaime's pool was filled with a sinister silence, all radiating from your friend.

. . .

"Alright, we're here kids." The sound of Jaime's mom awoke you from a peaceful slumber. Shaking yourself from sleep, you grab your bag and exit the car. Outside, you see a big, brick house with a beautiful door and many lights decorating the front. It was a rather warm afternoon when you arrived. Jaime led you and Kazuha inside as an elderly couple came out to greet you. They smiled brightly at you as you waved at them.

"Welcome, welcome. Please feel free to come in and place down your things." In turn, you smiled at Jaime's grandparents as they stepped aside to let you into the spacious home.

"Thank you for having us." Taking off your shoes, you watch as Kazuha awkwardly follows you.

"It's really our pleasure. Whenever our Jam-jam brings friends here, it's always a pleasant time." Jaime winces as her grandma pinches the girl's cheek.