Butterflies

You've been on a 3 day trip to Niagara Falls. All the good food and beautiful pictures you've taken were captured on your phone. It was the last day and you were reluctant to leave. Your family had planned to hike in the national park then you would head to the Butterfly Conservatory. Obviously, Kazuha was included in the trip. Arriving at the parking lot of the hiking trail, you and your family had filed out of the cars.

"Okay, bathroom break now before we go into the trail." Alex pointed to the building near the entrance of the stairs that led down to the river. A few of your family members headed for the building and quickly came back. After Alex had done a headcount, you all started down the stairs. Being afraid of heights, you tried not to look down as you walked, but it was quite hard to do that while trying not to miss a step. Seeing you struggle, Kazuha held out his arm to you.

"Hold on to me. I'll lead you down." His gentle smile made your heart race under the hot sun as you cautiously took his arm. Focusing on Kazuha's jokes, you quickly reached the bottom of the metal stairs.

"Okay, let's head this way!" Jessabelle waved her hand at your family as if she were some tour guide. You giggled as you followed after her. Kazuha went ahead of you and helped you down most of the challenging parts. The first part of the trail was really rocky.

"It gets better after this." The older girl told you as you held onto Kazuha's arm as he helped you down.

"Kya!" Losing your footing on a loose stone, you nearly slip as you feel Kazuha's arms around you. Your heart races from the fear of falling but it's quickly replaced with a flustered feeling.

"Be careful, it's wet here from the rain." Hearing his low purr in your ear, your face heats up and you quickly steady yourself before your family could catch you.

"I-I'll be more careful, thanks." Hiking towards Jessabelle, your hands made their way to your cheeks. They were burning like the heat from this summer day. After hiking through pools of rocks and slippery stairs, your group finally reached a cliff path. Through the windows of trees, you could see the rapids. They swirled much faster than you had anticipated and the water looked as if it were glowing. Against the scenery from the other side of the river, before you looked like something out of make-believe.

"Wow... this is really pretty." Your cousin Anna gasped beside you as she smiled. The aqua waters lit up her face as she looked at you. "Did you want to take a picture here?"

"Sure." Handing her your phone, you take a pose on a rock near the ledge.

"Er... did you want to join her?" Before Anna could capture the picture, she lowered your phone and looked quizzically at the boy standing just a little away from you. Kazuha had a worried expression on his face as he stared at you.

"Come!" Noticing his stiff attitude, you beckon for him to sit beside you. Slowly, the boy takes a seat beside you and you tell him the pose you want him to do.

"3... 2... 1. Perfect!" Your phone finds its way back in your hand as another one of your cousins gathers everyone around her.

"Okay, okay, gather around here. Let's all take a picture!" Your family files in front of the cliff for a group photo. You could tell Kazuha was awkward, debating if he was allowed to join. As your cousin adjusted the camera, you pulled Kazuha's wrist as the boy plopped down beside you. Ignoring the adorably surprised face of the boy, you turn to face the camera and smile. Once the shudders go off, everyone continues on the trail. Peeking at Kazuha, you couldn't tell if the blush was from the heat or being flustered about something.

. . .

"Ah, I'm beat! It's too hot!" Finally emerging out of the trail and back in the parking lot, your family sighs.