10

I was dozing off during breakfast and my Mom seemed to notice.

"Ruthy, dear? Are you alright?" She asked. Everyone then stopped eating and looked at me.

I stopped halfway from swallowing when their eyes were on me. "I'm fine, Mom. I just didn't get a good sleep last night."

I notice Thomas grin who was now in front of me by the table. I rolled my eyes at him.

"Is your wound still bothering you?" Dad asked with concern in his voice. I hate it when I stress my Father out. I don't want to be a nuisance to him especially when he's handling so many things right now.

I held my chest softly. "Not really. I think the stitches just tighten from time to time. It means it's healing right?"

Dad exhaled and smiled at me. "Yes dear. I'm glad to hear you're healing. So don't go around being energetic and all for a while, alright?"

I nodded then peeked at Thomas who's grin now disappeared. All through-out breakfast, he was quiet. The Wilhems didn't seem to notice it. So after breakfast, I followed him out.

"Thomas?" I called.

He turned, "Yes, Princess?"

I giggled. "Are you alright? Why were you down a while ago?"

He walked closer then sighed. He placed his hand on the back of his neck, "I feel bad for making you come out of bed. I forgot you're healing from the wound. It was completely irresponsible of me. My apologies, Ruthy."

I was quite shocked for a second there. He was quiet because he thought he bothered me?

I placed my hand on his shoulder, "Are you kidding? It was kinda fun to sneak out at midnight to go to the garden. I do that all the time! Not until the part where we got caught."

He chuckled and we both laughed it off.

"So, are you busy later this afternoon?" He asked.

"Well, I have to review some papers in the Women's Room and probably have lessons with my Dad. So yeah, I'm a little busy."

He smiled, "That's fine. I can make myself busy for a while. See you later." He waved then headed off.

When I was about to head back to my room, I crossed paths with Sir Angelo.

"Angelo, I-"

"Is there a problem, Your Highness?" He cut me off.

I felt my chest start to tighten again. Is this because of the wound or am I suddenly bothered of Angelo's tone?