Meeting up again

Pacifica changed a lot in the past five years. She had grown taller, got a little more color in her skin, and gotten her hair cut. The biggest change, however, was how she looked at the world now.

When Pacifica was younger she had thought that the world was a pretty cool place. She knew that a lot of bad things happened and people did a lot of bad things but she never gave up hope on humanity. She thought most people were good and this world wasn't as half as bad as it looked. She trusted people.

But possessing one of the most powerful artifacts in wizard history made her wary of people and a little paranoid.

It didn't help that her first year on the run wasn't great. Of course, being on the run, in general, is not great. But Pacifica specifically did not have a great time. She ended up trusting all the wrong people who hurt her in the end. Her kindness was taken advantage of. Nearly everything that could have gone wrong, happened. The only good thing that happened that year was that she saw her friends again.

They were the only ones who could relate to her situation.

When she told them all that had happened to her when she left, they told her their own stories of all the terrible things that had happened to them. However, unlike her, they learned quickly what they had to do to survive. Even if it went against their morals.

So to prevent any more incidents like the ones Pacifica had, they told her all she needed to know. They told her to keep moving, pack only what she needed, and when you're going to be around people, disguise yourself. Come up with new identities every so often and never let people know who you really are.

While it was a little depressing that she wasn't allowed to be herself, she tried to make the best of it. She had fun with the characters, giving them little backstories and character quirks. She made up stories about their first boyfriend and when they had their first kiss.

Something that she never got to experience.

As a result of this, she became very imaginative, therefore becoming a great writer. She was so great that she made her living as a freelance writer. People found her stories to be beautifully told and wonderfully captivating. They couldn't get enough of them. People would pay anything for her to write for them. She could ask someone who wanted her stories to pay her in gold and they'd probably do it.

But she never did that. While she wasn't exactly living the best life, she didn't want to get greedy. Besides, money wasn't going to fill that hole in her heart. Only her family could do that.

So she never asked for more than what she needed. She was paid enough money to get food, clothes, and pay for her room whenever she stayed at a hotel. Then when a week passed she packed up her stuff, got a ticket to another city, and created a new identity for her.

While this isn't how she thought she would be living her life, she did like that she got to visit so many cool places. She went to Paris, Rome, Copenhagen, Barcelona, and many other places. She'd like them more if she wasn't constantly afraid that someone was going to attack her for the journal or recognize her.

Still, this was her life now and she might as well make the best of it. Besides, it wasn't all bad. Reunion day had come. She'd see Kathy and Gideon again.

On this reunion day, they were going to be meeting in Athens. Since it was a popular city, it was guaranteed to be very populated with natives and tourists. It would be easy for someone to get lost in. Therefore it was the perfect place to meet.

Even though it was the perfect place to meet and the chances of someone from their past recognizing them were small, they still went in disguise. On this reunion day, Pacifica was Helena Griffin, a dark-haired girl with green eyes. Add little makeup she'd look like a completely different person.