Another Day at the Station...

Cecil woke up early... careful not to wake up Carlos (sleeping quietly on the sofa) as he prepared for another day of work.

As he stepped outside his small apartment, Cecil looked back at perfect Carlos wishing he didnt have to leave him. He blew Carlos a kiss and quickly stepped out into the warm morning air.

Night Vale had been his home for as long as he could remember. Maybe Carlos will feel like that one day Cecil thought as he continued walking down the cracked sidewalk. Lately it felt like Carlos was distant and not in the "I'm thinking about science" way.

Now at the station Cecil walked silently into the mens bathroom to greet Khosheikh before his show aired. The cat was sleeping and woke with a quick yelp. When he realized what was happening he immediately began purring.

Cecil couldn't stop thinking about Carlos... Were they just friends??? Could they be more??? Would they be more??? Trying to push the ideas from his mind, he decided to start on the days pre-recorded advertisements. The first one was for Big Rico's " Come on down to Big Rico's and buy a slice of wheat and wheat by - products free pizza!!! No one does a slice like Big Rico... no one. " Cecil finished with a satisfied smile, he began to wonder what sweet beloved Carlos would think when he tuned into his station and heard his voice.

The rest of the day passed and was very uneventful. With half an hour until his shift ended, Cecil began to daydream about seeing his best friend (maybe more???) The remaining time passed slowly... maybe Carlos would have a very scientific reason for this!!! Caring more about going home he left early careful to feed and water the station's pet cat before locking the door and rushing down the street.