Prologue

Love, one word strong enough to light or break your own world.

One word that we have to use when we meant it.

~anonymous

It was a beautiful autumn morning, the sun was just rising and many students were walking into the red and blue building we call school. Everyone was chatting and getting along with their best friends that they didn't see during their summer vacations. It was something normal for them. I sighed as I walked into the school, it was my first day as a high school student. I should be happy or at least excited about this, but I was not.

"Hey !" greeted my best friend coming near me and hugging me"I MISSED YOU!!"

I smiled and returned the hug, her name is Astrid, she is a little shorter than me, same color of skin and we have kind of the same brown eyes, but mine are way too dark for her.

"I missed you too" I said "So, how was your summer vacations?"

She started talking about how great her summer vacation were. She went to the USA, spent all day with her family and bought a couple of things that she said I would like. I smiled and nodded as she told me how she met a guy that was really handsome, it was something normal from my friend. She always could have boys around her while I just had my best friends and usuall hang out with myself more than anyone else.

" that sounds great" I said as I walked up to my new locker.

I waited there playing with my sleeves, usually HE was the first to come and see me. I sighed , I couldn't get so obvious, I mean I've liked HIM since I came to this school, that boy who always seemed to be lonely but at the same time so mysterious. I would like to be his friend and finally I am one of his friends, maybe even his best friend!

"I'm such a fool" I whispered to myself "I'm always spacing out"

I suddenly felt a tap on my shoulders, I turned to see who it was and to my surprise there HE was standing in front of me.

"Hi" HE said

I smiled , I try not to blush but this was really hard for me. I like HIM, maybe even...that ...4 letter word.

"Hi" I said nervously "how were your vacations?"

I saw HIM smile and started telling me by how HE and I basically did nothing productive in our vacations. I watched everyone leave for their class and fortunately in this first year I can stay with my friends in the same classes.

"so, how do you think this year will be?" HE asked me

I sighed and thought about the things I had read in those messages a friend from the USA had been sending me... so I just could say one thing.

"I bet it will be something unusual" I said as we both walked through the hall.

My last thoughts as I watched HIM were..."yeah, it will be something unique"