Chapter 4 Part 27: Investigation Start

Your POV:

    I knew very well that I should be looking at the Monokuma File right now, but what happened with Kokichi was still on my mind. I could still feel the slight pain from when he tackled me, and I didn't even know why I felt something touch my face.
    Rantaro helped me up as Kokichi investigated Miu's body, only to come back soon after. Rantaro must've been upset with Kokichi for tackling me, but there were more important things to do aside from be upset. Sometimes others had to work with people who didn't seem the best to work with.
    With these circumstances set in place, I knew what I had to do. I had to investigate the case until I was able to get a time where I would be alone with Miu. I wanted to protect everyone here, and through this gene... I knew I could. I had to do something about it. I would never have forgave myself if I couldn't do anything.
    I knew the investigation was well under way. Kokichi already investigated Miu's body, so it was probably a better idea to check the Monokuma File with everyone in my group. That way, we could all see the information there as well as gather some evidence from that said information.
    "Hey Shuichi, would you mind if I read the file?" I asked.
    "Yeah, sure," Shuichi replied, "go ahead, I've already read the file."
    Shuichi handed me the file after he finished saying what he needed to say. The thing I was used to seeing on these files was a picture of the person who was killed along with their basic information that was normally on a Monopad.
    I noticed that Rantaro was looking over my shoulder to be able to read the file as well. I knew that I was safe when he was around. I directed my attention back at the file before scrolling down to see any key information about Miu's death.

    "The victim is the Ultimate Inventor, Miu Iruma. The body was discovered in the computer room on the fourth floor. Approximate time of death is 6:30 a.m. There are no external wounds on the body."

    That was all that was in the file about Miu's death. In the cause of death section of the file, it showed a picture of her dead body, and I could feel that nauseous feeling return. I now knew Miu was killed at 6:30 in the morning. There were also no external wounds on the body. That made me wonder even more on what her cause of death was.
    "The time of death happened thirty minutes before now...while we were still in the Virtual World," Kokichi explained.
    "I can't help but think that there's an ulterior motive to you wanting us to investigate with you," Rantaro replied, "so what do you want?"
    "You guys act like I'm gonna get in your way," Kokichi replied with a smile, "you all don't have to be so wary of me! You guys can do what you've been doing before! I promise I won't get in your way! It's just...I hate lies so much that I tend to suspect others a lot."
As Kokichi said the last sentence, I noticed that a mischievous smile grew on his face. This led me to suspect that he didn't hate lies. Kokichi did have a tendency to lie a lot, so it made sense that he would lie about this. Kokichi told us that Kaito told us that he wouldn't team up with us for this case. That fact was true since Kaito did say that earlier. Kokichi then explained that he couldn't trust Kaito's words. That was apparently why he was keeping an eye out. He didn't want Kaito to bother us, and he proceeded to say that he was going to watch for Kiyo as well.
Shuichi and Rantaro seemed to be confused when Kokichi mentioned something about "keeping an eye out". Kokichi then told us not to take his words the wrong way. He was telling us that he wasn't trying to replace Kaito as our investigation partner, but he then took back those words in a weird way. He mentioned that he wanted to replace Kaito as my partner full heartedly and I couldn't help but feel nervous from those words.
It was like Kokichi was switching up how he felt. He would be cheerful but then act mischievous. Kokichi always mentioned that this was a game to him, but then he would act innocent as if he were a child. This was how I felt when he told us that he'd help us as much as he could. He then asked what we were going to investigate now.
It was like Kokichi was following us. It felt like he was following *me* for some reason. I however knew I got all of the information I needed from the Monokuma File. I still needed to somehow clear everyone out of the computer room in order to use my gene. For now, I would just keep the information from the Monokuma File on my mind. If a trial somehow came into place, I would need to recall this information.