Stegosaurus Attack!

As soon as the girls had all finished their breakfast, the three of them made their way outside to the parking lot, where the remote-control jeeps were waiting to take visitors around the island. As the girls clambered into one jeep, a computer screen built into the dashboard lit up and a 3-D map of the island appeared.

"WELCOME VISITORS," intoned an electronic voice. "I AM 'DAN' AND IT WILL BE MY PLEASURE TO GUIDE YOU ON THIS TOUR OF 'DINO WORLD'. WHICH AREA WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO FIRST?"

"Err, the Stegosaurus sector, please," said Alex, feeling somewhat uneasy at having a computer having total control of their vehicle.

"THANK YOU VISITOR. YOUR ROUTE IS BEING CALCULATED. PLEASE SIT BACK AND ENJOY THE RIDE."

The jeep started with a bit of a bump, but the ride quickly became much smother as the girls were driven away from the hotel and towards a pair of large 'King Kong'-style wooden gates with flaming torches on either side. As the jeep drew closer, the girls began to worry that they would crash straight into the doors, but they promptly opened up automatically, revealing a magnificent view of hills, grassy plains and large lakes, all occupied by herds of dinosaurs of varying types. On one side of the road, the spies could see a family of long-necked Brachiosauruses munching on the leaves of some trees, while on the other side, some Gallimimuses were peacefully gathered around a lake and dipping the tip of their beaks into the cool water for a drink, taking care not to go to far into the water, lest they short-circuit themselves. Meanwhile, overhead, a pair of Pteranodon could be seen, swooping gracefully trough the air with their magnificent wings.

 Meanwhile, overhead, a pair of Pteranodon could be seen, swooping gracefully trough the air with their magnificent wings

"Wowza, just look at this place," breathed Sam. "It's like we've actually gone back in time to the actual jurassic period."

"Yeah, it's so realistic, you'd never think that these are all robots," remarked Alex. "They ought to use all these dinosaurs to make a blockbuster movie here or something."

"Yeah well, so long as this over-sized reptiles keep their distance from me, they can do what they like," muttered Clover, who was still feeling a little uncomfortable with all the dinosaurs around her. A short while later, the jeep pulled over by a large grassy plain, upon which were a number of large hind-legged dinosaurs with a series of broad, upright plates running along their spines and long spike-tipped tails.

"Okay, this is our stop," said Sam. "The Stegosaurus habitat. Now let's head over to Mount Muldoon for a little bit of snooping." She took hold of the handle to open the door, but it would not budge.

"Say, what gives? The door's locked!"

"Hey, so's the one on my side," complained Clover, as she pulled fruitlessly at the door handle. "Yo, Danny Boy, what's the big idea? Let us out of here will you?"

"I'M AFRAID I CANNOT DO, YOUNG LADY," came DAN's voice over the speaker. "IT IS FORBIDDEN FOR VISITORS TO LEAVE THEIR VEHICLES IN THE MIDDLE OF A TOUR. IN ADDITION, YOU THREE POSE A THREAT TO SECURITY AND MUST THEREFORE BE NULLIFIED."