16) Panic

*Normani*

"Is Nic okay," I ask Z but her attention is entirely on the road. "Z, you okay," I ask placing a hand on hers which draws her attention. "What's wrong," she asks turning her head to look at me. "Forget me asking about Nicki, are you okay mama?" I notice her straighten up in her seat before giving me a nod. "Okay, you kinda zoned out on me there," I say letting my head lean back against the window. We are about to pull into her driveway when she finally decides to let go of my hand.

She cuts the car off and I hop out before she can open my door and I am met with a face of disbelief. She says nothing as she reaches in backseat for my bags and we walk to the door which she made sure she reached first and she served a smirk with it.

Nicki is in the kitchen when we enter I give her a wave and head upstairs to her room. I pass Storms room where she is tucked in her bed with her carebear, I can't help the smile that appears on my face. I finally make it to zendaya's room and sprawl out across her bed, I don't know when but I fell asleep.

"Hey lift your arms up," I hear a familiar voice say as my eyes flutter open to Zendaya standing over me. I do as told and she removes my shirt before putting another one on me. I feel myself dozing off again and she laughs at me. "Before you go back to sleep take your pants off,"she says tossing me some basketball shorts. I slip them on make my way up to the pillows. She slides in bed beside me, I can feel her breath on the back of my neck telling me she's close. The good thing is that we both like to cuddle. Friends can cuddle, right?

Instead of dozing off like I thought I would I am now awake and alone with my thoughts. Z fell asleep rather quickly, lucky her. I decide to put my headphones in and listen to a friend of mine his name is Destin and I met him through Lani but his music just... urgh, a whole vibe, this man has his own aesthetic.

I don't wanna give no ultimatum
If you wanna come, lay up
If you wanna come, stay up
If you wanna come, pay up
But you know you got work in the morning
Finna wake up yawning
Tryna keep up with a real one, don't got no obligations
At least for today, at least you can stay
For as long you care, babe, as long as you wanna
Everything's in the air, ah, ooh
Thing's in the air, ah

I decide to text Masi just to see what he's up to.

I don't wanna see you no more
'Cause every time I see you,
It's a different excuse why you can't be here
I don't wanna be here no more
'Cause I feel like I'm wasting time being too emotional
I'm not your option, I'm not your baby
Hear what I'm dropping, it's driving you crazy
We ain't working towards nothing
Swear that we something
Everything's probably nothing
Evеrything's in the air, everything's in thе air, ah, ooh
Ah, ooh, ah, ooh
Everything's in the air, ah, ooh
Ah, ooh, ah

He texts back almost immediately.

Everything's in the air, yeah, yeah, yeah

We were just vibing in our own little world at least that's what it felt like. We were asking each other questions and talking about life which is nice for me. However I am feeling very conflicted and kind if like an asshole for texting him while in bed with Z.

I feel her shift behind me but I decide against making any kind of movement to disturb her. I can hear her breathing pick up and what kind of sounded like whine. I turn slightly to look at her in slumber and her breathing slows down only to pick right back up and I notice that she is hyperventilating.