13) Meet the Family

Today was alright I got to know and understand my new friends and it wasn't bad, they're funny. I'm about to drop Normani off when I see the look on her face. "Hey, what's wrong," I ask obviously aware that she's not okay but she just shakes her head and dismisses it. "Are you upset about Dinah?" I press wanting to help in anyway possible but she shakes her head with a small smile. "I- I miss my friends in Texas but I met you guys by moving out here and I don't regret meeting you guys, but I miss Texas and Jilly, and Josh, Arin and Aubrey and Darryl, but I also love it here, which makes me feel like a horrible person," she says and I take in all that she is saying.

  "You know it's normal to miss friends and family and Texas they all helped make you who you are. Just because you met us that doesn't mean we replace anything or anyone from your past. All it means is you're not alone here or there you'll always have friends to talk to. I'm still working on accepting new people into my life honestly today determined if I was going to keep hanging out with you guys, I think I've got my answer and you'll find the answer to your problem soon enough," I say backing out of the parking lot and hitting the road.

  "Thank you Zendaya," she says and I nod and when I look over she's staring at me with a smile she looks away and pulls out her phone and takes a picture of me.

  "Yo, what was that for?" I ask keeping my eyes on the road. "Because I don't have a picture of you," she says saving the photo I can't help the smile on my face when I look at her. "I look like shit and you decided to take a picture now," I say with a laugh but the look on her face was nothing but serious. "What?" I say and she smacks her lips and I almost lose my mind, "you look good all the time," she says and I almost roll my eyes, "that's because I'm always going out somewhere trust me, you don't want to see me at home," I say pulling to a stop sign. "Speaking of, where are we going?" Normani asks readjusting in her seat, "I thought I was taking you home, am I not suppose to?" I ask looking at her for a response. " I really don't want to but if you've got stuff to do tha--" "I don't have anything to do right now," I cut her off and she just smiles at me and I can't help but to smile back.

  The moment doesn't last long because my phone starts ringing and Nickis name pops up on my screen.

  "Wassup?" I ask,"Can you pick up Storm for me, please," she asks and I nod then remember she can't see me. "Yea I'll get her, have a good night at work," I say she hums a response and I hang up. "Does that mean I have to go home?" Normani asks looking at me and I shake my head. The car is silent except for NeYo singing Mad in the background. I pull into the Londyns driveway where Laila and Storm are playing with barbies in the front yard. "ZayZay!!!" Storm yells when she sees my car. "Hey babygirl," I say getting out of the car, "lets go get your stuff gorgeous," I say giving her a pat on the back I wave at Lyric and Aniyah as I pass them. I make sure to say hello to Racquel as I follow Storm to her stuff. As I make my way back to the car I can hear Normani singing along with Justin Bieber and Chris Brown with her eyes closed. I open up Storms door which draws her attention.