Chapter 13: Possible Losing

- Oval Office -

Arlo sat at his desk, stressed. He was looking at analytics of his opponent. It seems to show that for some reason he is very liked, however he did find some surprising evidence.

Keon was reported to have a secret membership with Revive Ember and as well as their cult of a ancient form of dark magic which may explain how they develop these products so quickly and effectively.

If he were to loose the election, it could mean utter chaos. When he was first sworn in, he revamped everything so it wasn't corrupt like before but now feared his hard work would have been for nothing.

How his nation accepted a communist candidate was unknown but what was true is that there is both a high chance for winning and losing the election.

His promises when he would get a second term was now his first priority in case there was no second term. Arlo got some officials in the room and discussed with them his plan. He immediately signed a executive order to legalize the vigilantes so that the Revives could end quicker. However he also needed to make places like Revive Ember illegal but how would be difficult.

He took a sip of coffee and looked at a bunch if notes and files he had made. He would try later to make it illegal but first he needed to understand how they worked so he could differentiate a place like Ember and some secret book club.

He kept tracing and circling things trying to get an idea. He constantly kept ignoring calls from the military and his advisers as he felt the were not important right now. Elaine understood what was happening and left the room to go out so Arlo could concentrate.

He read more and more, until he got stuck on one page.

His index finger covered his lip, the page had read about what was Revive Ember's estimated murder rate

It had read 0.

Arlo was confused, the news had talked about found bodies that were killed oddly and his cousin who was a vigilante had told him what he experienced with Revive Ember.

Were they ignorant or were they trying to hide the truth. Without documented evidence, it would be extremely difficult to make Revive Ember illegal. He had an idea however, he would set up a program where vigilantes would report of what they had witnessed of Revive Ember and send them to them through mail so he could get some evidence and facts.

The program would be called the 'Ember Response Program' and would begin as soon as Arlo put his signature on the document.