Chapter 22: Locked

It smelled like old rust, the room was cold. Everything felt unnatural. John opened his eyes from his forced slumber and look around his new surroundings.

"What the fuck?" John said "Where am I?"

Emerson who was already awake replied "Pssh, your in a fucking prison cell."

"What?" John exclaimed. "How?"

Emerson had told him what happened, he went through ever detail so that John's memory could refresh.

John could believe it. At such high levels. Why were the defeated? Ember had created so many gadgets that even the most highest leveled person out there could not win against them

Emerson got up from his sitting area and glanced at the wall. Carvings from previous prisoners appeared on the wall. It was a calendar of the amount of time had passed.

"You think we'll be in here forever?" John asked.

"No." He replied "We posses such strange abilities we are a huge asset to them. I think they will brainwash us into joining their league."

"Figures."

"John, promise me this. Try your best not to get indoctrinated as much as you can. Many horrible things could happen if you do."

"Like what?"

"How much do you love Seraphina?" Emerson asked.

"As much as to marrying her." John replied.

"If you get on their side. They will force you to torture and possibly kill her. Don't get indoctrinated for her, OK?"

John was shocked at this thought. He didn't want Seraphina to get hurt at all. He started having his panic attacks again, holding his head crying.

"I don't want to be a monster again!" He cried.

Emerson looked at him sympathetically, he knelt in front of him and touched his shoulder. "You won't, you won't let them get to you."

John looked up from his state, he understood what he meant. He would still rebel against Ember even with no ability. He had to try.

"I won't." He said "I'm not property."

Emerson chuckled a bit "No one wants to. If we let them, we will be soulless things. Its what they want. When I get the chance, I'm going to overcome this sterilizer and get my ability back."

"How?" John asked.

"By using an old trick. An over-surge."

A unlock click was heard from the metal door. Emerson turned his head around to notice.

 Emerson turned his head around to notice

It was a guard. He told him that he had to come with him for questioning. As Emerson started to leave, he gave John a smile. He had an plan up his sleeve.

The door closed again. John tried not to get flashbacks as this setting was deeply traumatizing. He tried singing to himself softly to help himself easy through the fear.

He will be out soon, no matter what and he will finally get his wedding he always dreamed of.